Max Temperature for HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I have a SATA 200GB and it runs at 54 and a SCSI that is at 65 (Its so hot you cannot touch it for 5 Sec) So nothing to worry you have a real COOL Disk

AlienTech

In the zone
adorablesrini said:
What can be the Maximum Temp for Hard Disk? My hard disks Temp goes on til 27degrees C.

Depends on the drive. I had a 500 meg/7200RPM Maxtor drive which you could not touch after it ran for 30 minutes. Even the other Maxtor's 60/80 gig Maxtor's 5200 RPM drives get very hot but you can pick it up without getting blisters. But the samsung 160's although running at 7200 is much much cooler than the Maxtor's. Oh yea the old Maxtor's 7200 drives I don't think you can run in India. I had a 27gig 7200 rpm drive that has stiction problems. This is when the drive runs so hot that the oil changes composition and then when the drive cools down, it turns into glue and sticks the head. I thought since the drive was not as hot as the 500 meg one which you could not touch it might be okay... Guess not..

goobimama

 Macboy
27 degree C is quite cool man! when my PC starts only the temperature of the HDD is about 35*C.....stabilises at 47*C even after 12-15 Hours of continuous running..

forumrating

Right off the assembly line
i got my pc on 24hrs for months without reboot, i just want to know is it alrite for the processor and components to remain stable

the config is

512 ram
120gb hard drive
intel 2.8 ghz ht processor

at the max a reboot once in 15-30 days if at all theres a power cut

OP
A

adorablesrini

Broken In
oh thank god i was qiuite tensed up bcoz venever my cd drive's tray comes out i feel its quite hot in there!! So i got this program and checked my HDD temp!!Anyway i m releived now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom