Max Payne Movie in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh

Journeyman
Max Payne is coming to the big screen. According to today's Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox is hooking up with Collision Entertainment to make a film based on the gritty third-person shooter which was released back in 2001.

The story, as THR reminds us, centers around a New York cop, Max Payne, whose wife and baby are murdered by criminals high on a new drug called Valkyr. Without much left to live for, Payne joins the DEA and goes undercover with the mob to discover the source of the drug. Framed by the murder of his partner, Max is hunted down by both the mob and the cops in his one-man war on crime.

A videogame sequel to Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, was released in 2003.

Producer Scott Faye told the trade that the film will tell the origin story of the character. He says it'll have a Dirty Harry-like tone and that the lead role calls for an actor with some chops. "I think this is a real actor's part because although the story will have action and intrigue, at its core it's a story about a man who loses everything in life that's dear to him," Faye said.

Source

Ringwraith

Journeyman
did u guys see "sin city"? ..... It feels a lot like Max Payne :) specially with the graphic novel look n feel as well as the sound effects!

e-freak

Broken In
Watch the movie Payback starring Mel Gibson which was made before Max Payne (the game) but is quite similar to the latter in the sense of the lead role, the screenplay, etc.

domin8r

Journeyman
Doom 3: The movie will star The Rock, and now if Max Payne has Tom Cruise, I'll officially lose all interest in life.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
@RingWraith: SinCity is an awesum movie but too much s**/violence will prevent it from getting released in India officially in its original form. Well.. I liked the direction/actions and the too much TECHNICOLOR......

sumitava_b

In the zone
About sin city, if u think it as a graphic novel, then its good as it is far from reality. Talking by a head without torso, being alive after getting hit twice by a car in full speed and hundred bullets are few unimaginable things to watch. But its ok if u r assuming it as a fantasy movie.

rohanbee

Padawan
This will be a very good movie idea. This is becoming quite common now days. Pc games being so good that they are being made into movies. The earliest one that i can remember is Dune. An excellent strategy game but a very forgetable movie series. The only reason i thinl that they made more than one was because of the games huge fan following at that time.
Resident evil is another movie that i can think of. An excellent game and a even better movie. Also let to part 2 as well.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
There r Movies made into Games ! and then there is this game made into a movie. I wud really luv to watch it.

Yes it is Definitely in Production . Visit Here.

tech_cheetah

Journeyman
i m a die hard max payne fan.. n waitng for max payne 3... a movie will b fun n boost the market for the next sequel if it is in development ( i hope n wish)

hack expert

In the zone
well i cannot wait to see the movie excellent story with great twists and dialogues in the game but they shud keep up the same in the movie or else they`ll make changes in the story line now dat can be sad
hoping to see good actors
especially Mona Sax alas she dies now dat shud be changed in Fall of max payne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom