mark

Broken In
Dear Friens,

My sys config is:
p4 2.8/865gbf intel original mb
512 MB ram
80 gb hdd
winxp
Max Payne is not running on my PC....it comes out during loading.....what might be the problem?
Thanks in adv...
Mark

I have DirectX 9.0....Dont have Graphics card....Sooo...shd i reinstall DirectX?

Neeraj

Broken In
hey

i think max payne requires at least a basic graphics card
have u got it coz generally wit p4 u get one
also when u start the game u get a confi screen with resolution and stuff check all the options o`er there n if u dont have a graphics card try software emulation instead of hardware o`er there

krish

Journeyman
Try this:

Make a shortcut for the .exe file on the Desktop. Now right click on the shortcut select properties. In the Target box, add -disable3dpreloads after the " & " . So the box will look like:

"x:\--------any path" -disable3dpreloads

click OK and now try.

Nope Max Payne don't needs graphic card I've played it on Celeron-500 128MB RAM & 810i board.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i ran both MP1 & 2 on my onboard graphics card , via km400 , one of the worst :) in graphis lol . anyways . supports only up dx7 . so not many high end games for .

- run directx , under display see if all options are enabled (ie they should be highlighted and not greyed out) .
- if not available , reinstall dx with new version
- check update for onboard graphics drivers u have
- check if u have option to change memory allocated for video in bios . change it to the next best option . say 64 mb . and increase AGP aperture option in bios .

- try setting all options in game to low and increase gradually if no errors occur .
- disable most background programs b4 running the game

krish

Journeyman
klinux, u still have a better one I have KM266 (Pathetic) Can't find a better one in Jaipur

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The problem is obvious, simply install max payne 1 patch which has a fix for the intel orignal motherboards(this will surely fix it) . No other big problem . ur rig is better than needed for this particular game, enjoy the gr8 game. :D :D :D :D :D :D

vysakh

Padawan
in my compu, mp didnt run on winXP.
i installed 98 for this purpose and my attempt was successful

OP
M

mark

Broken In
Thanks

Thank u all for ur advices....i m trying out all ur advices....hope each one works...:)

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
and while you enjoy the game pls follow the storyline also, and after you blow the chopper dont forget to install and play MP2

and let us know if u want the cheats
btw,
i am 1 of the millions of Max Payne fans

OP
M

mark

Broken In
STill not working yaar...

Tried out each and every tech.. adviced by u all.....but to no avail....Please help.....Also I m not able to run Medal of Honor, Pacific assault"" it shows incompatibility error of video with directx8.1

Regds
Mark

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Did U try the patch because that one is sure to work...
Coz the same problem happened to my brother...
he as Intel Extreme Graphics card and MP1 didn't run on his PC until I installed the latest patch....

psappuin

Broken In
Hey Mark i even had the same problem, with Max Panyne 1 on XP but it worked on win98 perfectly. but i was able to run MP 2 on XP. didnt found the reason Y?????????????
Amit

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
MP1 dsn't work on XP. Hw much ever u try, there is no patch. So 4get using it on XP. Go 4 some other OS if u r a die hard fan of it. MP2 works. Dat is as cool as MP1. C if u can gt dat!

magnet

Youngling
check whether onboard graphic card drivers r updated or not(minimum 32mb set in bios config)..............well i played max payne 1 properly first time...now in part 3 moving to chapter 7...it causes hardware failure and system reboots automatically......my onboard graphic driver suxs here.......

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I am able to play Max Payne 1 on my XP with a SiS 650 onboard card. But at the same time, my friend with Intel Onboard Graphics is unable to do so. Sometimes the game crashesin the splash screen itself and soetimes after the first level has been loaded. I think this is a problem exclusive to Intel Graphics family.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
me too.. i could play it on my PC with XP i dint have any hinges.. but it was a pirated copy (already cracked so no cd req) and it was on my onboard intel graphics card (4mb only!!)

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Aseem Nasnodkar said:
MP1 dsn't work on XP. Hw much ever u try, there is no patch. So 4get using it on XP.
That's bull shit. I play Max Payne 1 & 2 on Win XP without any probs.

Another reason why getting a console makes sense. No technical issues to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom