Matrix effect in VB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Hi friends,
I would like to know how to create a matrix effect in Visual Basic 6. I got a VB project and the link is given below. In that thing, it displays " Matrix Fall". I want it to change it to "Infosoft E-Learn" . Can you please help? It is really urgent.

*www.freevbcode.com/source/MatrixFall2.zip

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Go to the class ClsTexte.cls and locate the funtion Class_Initialize()
Replace the three strings with custom strings. It supports only small letter alphabets. No capital letters or other characters.
To increase or decrease the number of strings to be displayed, increase/decrease the PauseTexte array size.

Is this code given for free use?

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
yah the code is for free use.

Also If I have to add more text, then is it enough to add this:
PauseTexte(3)=150
Textesz(3)=" Text "

Last edited:
OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Thanks yaar. Its great and working fine now.
But when I tried to convert it to *.exe then a grey screen came and when I pressed entwer it terminated.
I want to add the above program into my project and then convert it into 8.exe format. Can you please help?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Dude, where else? In the project's folder. That is where the project1.vbp and form1.frm files are.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
He means copy all the files with png extension, used in the project into the folder where project1.vbp and form1.frm files are.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The png files are image files that store the different alphabets and other grapics that are shown when the program is run. Go ahead and open one in an good image editing app(not mspaint).

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
I got a problem. I copied all the forms and other modules etc. into my project in Visual Basic. But when I tried to run, it showed a error in the code in ModDeclerations. It said something like "constant function required" and hightlighted this part of the code : D3DFVF_XYZRHW

How can I remove this error and make this the form that opens on opening the project ? Also when the user hits escape button, the main form must open in that event.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
You have to make a reference to the directx 8 library. That is where the consts are declared. Do this:
-Clik on the menu in vb Project->References
-Select "Directx 8 for vb type library"

Now run your proj.

As for opening a custom form, go to the frmMain.frm's code and look for the form_keypress event and add your form display code in the vbkeyescape event.
Edit: Ok wait, adding code to vbkeyescape don't seem to work. You have to add the form loading code after the form_load event's unload code (the last line). But even then, the screen's res changes to 1024x768. Hmm... directx stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom