Master key or cerficates of EFS files and folders lost and now I get access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Youngling
EFS files "access denied" error NEED INFO ABOUT DATA RECOVERY SOFTWARE

this is my 2nd post and I've an impossible issue for u guys.Well its somewhat like I had some very imp data on my 2nd PATA Hard drive(cable select) (Seagate HDD 40GB with 2 partition) which were in different folders.I had encripted some of those folders and files within them using Windows XP EFS.I did not save(backup) the master keys or certificates.Now there was some problems on my 1st PATA Hard drive(cable select) (80 GB Western Digital with 3 partitions) so I wiped out the 80GB hard drive and loaded XP (later SP2) into it.While XP was being installed the 40GB Seagate was disconnected from the computer.Then I was trying to organise most of the data since I wanted to have them backed up into 2 Dvds.Well thats when I managed to mix normal files with encrypted files.Moved some of the files from this one folder to that one and so on and so forth.Now I have the real problem I can open the normal files,but I can't access or edit or move the files (pictures,music,videos,etc.) with green writing (EFS files).Well if anybody can help me recover my data...man I will be very grateful...

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Forget it dude, its useless. Many have lost loads of data this way. Get over with it and move on and don't use EFS. We all have learnt a lesson.

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
phreak0utt said:
Forget it dude, its useless. Many have lost loads of data this way. Get over with it and move on and don't use EFS. We all have learnt a lesson.

Hey thnx for the info man...I'am aware of the perils of using EFS.But was wondering if someone could help me use maybe a backdoor or hack into the system.I'am sure there are many experts around here.Just need some suggestions.I'am a professional and I know that this is impossible but I welcome any suggestions as this data is too precious for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom