wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have my self built(assembled) a new PC
CONFIG- AMD 64 bit 3000+
120 GB sata seagate,
512 MB (400) Transcend
MSI RS480 MOBO
etc.
:( My problem is that as it is a sata drive i did not knew how to partition it first time so nanaged it some how, and now it shows only arnd 112Gb hard disk space. Where is my 8GB? Why sata drives does not support win98, as i cannot install win98 on this drive?? After installation it does not starts WIN98 :( .My mobo does not detects my external modem on COM1. WHY? this mobo does not has a serial port?? where should i connect my modem? My pc gives me 1.8 Ghz speed can i increase it?? if it gives 1.8 ghz then y AMD writes 3000+?? how can one oc RAM?? :( :cry: :cry:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Some of your answers ,

1. u have not partitioned ur hdd incorrectly dont worry , some amount of disk space is always reduced from the actual capacity when u create partitions for the fat , mbr etc.

2. AMD 3000+ has a rated frequency of 1.8 ghz so stop worrying again as it is giving you the correct speed. u can increase the speed by overclocking ur cpu but beware this might void ur warranty.

3. U can overclock RAM if your mobo supports it , try increasing its frequency step by step (1 Mhz increments or so) and also reduce its latencies. this is done in the BIOS. Again i suggest u dont try this if u r not experienced as this can cause ur system to become unbootable.

Please mention which modem you have exactly as i am not able to understand ur question regarding ur modem and its problem

Regarding Win 98 on SATA i think someone will help u shortly.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
MODEM

I have a Rockwell Modem 56k, which does not get detected on com1. i had to buy USB to serial cable to get connected. So can anyone tell me why my modem does not gets detected on com1? IS it any interrupt setting problem?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@wizrulz found another solution for u regarding the installation of win 98 on a sata hdd ,

go to the following link and read the procedure

*support.microsoft.com/kb/221829/EN-US/

it should help.

courtesy : swatkat (he posted this link on another thread with a similar question)

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
@wizrulz: RS480 mobo has a inbult serial port, but the problem is that it comes as optional port. Soyou have to buy a serial port extension from the market and fixed it to the correct jumper with the help of the manual.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
help needed?

naveenpoddar said:
@wizrulz: RS480 mobo has a inbult serial port, but the problem is that it comes as optional port. Soyou have to buy a serial port extension from the market and fixed it to the correct jumper with the help of the manual.
hey thanks for the help but i have already connected the optional serial connector but still it does not detects my modem, i dunno y? can u help, also can u tell me more abt jumper settings?

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
common get me thru

common man forum get me thru this, y mt external rockwell, %^kbps modem does not get detected on my new mobo where as it did on old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom