managing compiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hello friends,
i'm using xubuntu desktop. here when i typed compiz on terminal it started working but now i'm not able to minimize ne window and even i'm not able to c ne window icon like cancel, maximize and minimize.
please help me as soon as possible.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
The first thing you want to do when posting display problems especially is to post what kind of Onboard graphics/Graphics Card you are using. If you're not sure about that then maybe the motherboard name would help. If you still are not sure you can run the command
Code:
dmesg
I believe and then save it at pastebin.com and post a link here. if the dmesg message is too long for your screen then run
Code:
dmesg > myFile.txt
. This should give you a file with the output of dmesg in it which you can post in pastebin.com

After you know what grpahics card you have check out the thread I gae you at IRC which you can find here
Code:
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=537430

Did this help? If not post your further issues here and wait for one of the experts to come by :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
mak1012 said:
hello friends,
i'm using xubuntu desktop. here when i typed compiz on terminal it started working but now i'm not able to minimize ne window and even i'm not able to c ne window icon like cancel, maximize and minimize.
please help me as soon as possible.
Looks like a simple case of Window decorator mess up. Install the package: Emerald Themer and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom