Man this pc sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Here's my story so far with my pc..

I build a pc year ago with following config.intel p4 3.0 ht,xfx6600gt,intel 915gev motherboard, i ball 400W (local) psu,512mbddr2 kingstom memory,80gb hdd..my pc was running good with the config i have mentioned but after adding another 512mb memory it doesn't start(the pc remains blank)..even i changed memory..the pc remains blank(i.e do not loads the window loading screen) and i have to press the restart button 8-10 times in order to get the windows loading screen..it even does not restarts..i sometimes get this error ''cmos/checksum bad error'' and today i discovered a new error while starting,is power supply has something to do with it.

New error:
multiple bios post attempts failed
memory tiiming have been reset to automatic settings

Guys please help...

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
weird..after searching i found something-

The checksum error is product of the battery state low or some bad configuration.

1º_ disconnect all expansions card an ide cables. then try to boot normally. If don´t show the checksum error, the motherboard is ok and the problem is in some of the expansion card or ide cables.

2º if after the first step the problem persist, then upgrade the bios.

see if this is your problem
*www.duxcw.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/194.html

most importantly-try searching google about this error as there are a lot of problems and solutions like this-only you may find the most relevant one.I searched for checksum error and it suggested many solutions.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
tech_mastermind said:
memory tiiming have been reset to automatic settings

Guys please help...
are the RAM sticks same model.

check if the Voltage of both is same.

i too am facing a no boot situation with new m/b+RAM, reason m/b supports only 1.8Volts & RAM runs @ 1.9Volts.
are you able to go into BIOS. if yes you may see the RAM settings & give us some info on it.

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
@s18000rpm:.the voltage of both memory modules are same(1.8v).

vimal_malhotra:yes,the pc boots with single 512 ram...i have tried booting from both the ram individually(ie. only single 512) and pc boots fine...even after inserting both the ram in another dimms(black) the pc won't boots at all...so my conclusion is pc won't boots while using both ram( it boots only after 7-10 attemps)...

NucleusKore: i too doubted about psu..

so guys what i do now

pic of both ram

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
insert 1 ram-go to bios-note down its settings-get the ram out-repeat it with the other ram and see if any difference is there.

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
See the specification of both ram via SiSoftware Sandra 2007:

*serv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/4812123_memoryspecs.th.JPG

Both ram have same specification in Bios.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom