Making my net connection wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

doom_marine

Journeyman
I have a tata indicom broadband connection at home and they gave me a cable modem for it. The thing is that our next door neighbour and me wanted to share this connection. So we thought the best way was wireless right.

The problem is that i wanted to know how. I heard we could use a wireless broadband router. I wanted the setup to work in such a way that any of us can indiviually connect to the connection when they desire without the other system being on. Second when the other system comes on he should be able to use the net as well.

Thanks in advance

iinfi

mekalodu
well tdy i was reading Digit's Wireless Networking book which they gave this month ....
its quite informative .... see if u can lay ur hands on it ....

krishnathelord

In the zone
i m not a network techie but with a wireless broad band router ur isps conection will be directly the the ruoter and u and ur friend and use two wifi cards on ur system to conect that.

but there are lots of issues invlved regarding use of wifi outdoor as it is retricted in india and u have to take special premission from telecomunication ministry.

guys correct me if i m worng 8)

OP
doom_marine

doom_marine

Journeyman
yup i read the book i was slightly confused thats why i asked at the forums if someone could give me a step by step method

Also do tell me if its wrong to use the network outdoor

theraven

Technomancer
it would be very easy
but that would be against ur ISP's conditions and hence illegal
ask ur friend to pay for a connection
even the most basic one u get it @250-300 rs per month !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom