Making images of CD's.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

Plz can any1 yell me how can i make an image of a game cd and then run it without the cd usin' some software ?? (Plz suggest the name of the software that i shud use)

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
First of all win Xp has a free tool for CD emulation (i got it with AutopatcherXP...very clumsy interface...emulates only ISOs...not support to build ISO ...Ok ISORecorder is there but most CDs especially multi-session and multi-track are not copied properly)

Next You can use CloneCD ( Pl note versions above 4.2.2.2 does not support virtual drive) creates and emulates cds in .ccd format only...
Stable..light interface...though one drive only..

What i used for better part of my life is VirtualCd.. cool interface...nice copying mechanism...though no support for creating ISOs

Hitesh

prathapml

Broken In
Make a CD-image of your CD (ISO copy using any tool)
Then, you can use either *www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php or *www.ezbsystems.com/softdisc/ to emulate copy-protection.

theraven

Technomancer
wayyy too many suggestions here :D
well lets try and sum it up ..
u can use nero/alcohol 120%/blindwrite etc to make a cd image ( ISO mostly)
then u can emulate using nero virtual drive/daemon tools (my fav.)/virtual cd emulator

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
theraven said:
wayyy too many suggestions here :D
well lets try and sum it up ..
u can use nero/alcohol 120%/blindwrite etc to make a cd image ( ISO mostly)

Can i use nero 6 to make iso images?? How??

Hitesh

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Yeah....
Plz tell me how can i make images of cd's usin' nero......

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Even Alcohol can make images .iso's that is and then emulate a virtual drive too. Iso is more or less the standard format, so u can mount the images straightaway like the medikit iso etc. No hassles of conversion to another format. Another advantage i found was that Alcohol was very good at bad sector reading or reading cd's that were scratched while Vcd took a lot of time.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Nero 6, I guess is easier.

Choose the ImageRecorder as your default writer.
Save the image of your gamecd in your hard disk.

Now choose NeroImageDrive from ProgramFile -> Menu.
Enable ImageDrive and mount the image that you created as the First Drive.

Finished.

U could easily load and unload images the same way for an image drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom