Making a COPY PROTECTED CD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickymustdie

Broken In
Hi Guys

This is Vicky here. I had some files (my work) in a CD which i don't want anyone to copy to their system when they'll see it alone. I mean i want to make a COPY PROTECTED CD. A Protected CD which cannot be access even by any cracking softwares like Alcoholer, Protctionm ID, Clone CD, clony XXL etc...

Please help me.

Any suggestion will be apprecible.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Almost impossible man...........

What 'bout hiding the contents of the CD??
It will look like there are only a few files on the CD while there are a lot many hidden fies.............
However, these hidden files can be extracted programs such as ISOBuster.......

How to do that??
Well, here's how.......
Download a burner called DeepBurner (Freeware). You can even find it on Digit CD/DVDs.......
Open DeepBurner and Burn your Important data on it...........
Then, Again Start Deepburner and burn some proggies and label the CD Software collection. Also include ISOBuster in the collection. Or just install ISOBuster and copy the ISOBuster Directory from Program Files directory to the CD......
Then, each time you need your Data, run ISOBuster and extract the data from Track1/Session1 to thr HDD and view the contents..................
Hope u get it and hope u like the idea...........

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
I used to hv same problem.

Though I dunno how to make copy-protected cd I use the following methord:

1. U'll need a softwre known as AXCRYPT
*www.snapfiles.com/download/dlaxcrypt.html

2. download and Install it.

3. Right click on the file(u want to protect)
then AxCrypt >> Encrypt. Type the password and the files are encrypted.
(Don't forget the password)

4. Then write the encryped files onto the Disc.

5. Whenever u want to open that file all you hv to do is decrypt it.

6. This methord is useful because there is 10% chance that others hv AxCrypt and if they do hv
they'll don't know the password. So its only you and that can open the file.

Note: 1)If you want to access the file in other computer it shud also hv axcrypt.
2)The encryption and decryption can only be done on HDD as the temporary files
can't be created on CDs. So to access the files u'll hv to copy them to HDD and
then Decrypt it.
3)If the files are large(e.g. 50 mb) then it may take time to encrypt and decrypt.

Maybe the method doesn't satisfy ur need but it is usful to an extent.

thinkAI

Broken In
So as Miss Sweet Sneha said (U Sound like a Gal Sweet Sneha :) ) U can do that way or as simple as that u can zip(Winzip etc) the files with a password and write it...

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
^^^ Yeah, we can do it that way but
there are softwares which can crack the password
I can't name them here, but I hv 1.
So winzip isn't safe becus of its popularty

thinkAI said:
So as Miss Sweet Sneha said (U Sound like a Gal Sweet Sneha :) ) U can do that way or as simple as that u can zip(Winzip etc) the files with a password and write it...

With this prog you can have a password + a seperate key file for 128bit encryption. Better. But, if you lose the key file the org file becomes useless, even if you know the password.

-k

cyberia.in

In the zone
zip genius supports really high encryption standards will all formtas and i regularly use it for all my encryption jobs. Combine that with a tough pass and cracking that will be a tough cookie

thinkAI

Broken In
SWEET SNEHA said:
^^^ Yeah, we can do it that way but
there are softwares which can crack the password
I can't name them here, but I hv 1.
So winzip isn't safe becus of its popularty
Ya there are a lot of password crackings tools available on net but if u use alphanumeric characters and symbols in ur password and password length more than 8 characters its really tough job for that cracker program to crack how well the decryption algorithm may be designed or not, Brute Force attack also will take a hell lot of time to crack may be somedays in an average P4 machine...

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Yeah ... Programs such as
RARKey from *www.thelostpassword.com
RAR Password Cracker from *www.rarpasswordcracker.com
Zip Password Finder from *www.astonsoft.com
and loads of others can find the Passwords.........
However, long passwords (8 Chars++) with special characters (!, @, #, *, &.......) is Almost IMPOSSIBLE for such programsto crack. It may take years for a program to try and crack such passwords..........

So password protection may be a good idea........ Let it be with Winzip, Winrar or AXCRYPT and such applications..........

But, the contents of the CD are hidden (as I've mentioned above), then no one can even think about cracking it ...............

That is the best solution in ma opinion............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom