make photo shop portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Creating a legitimate, portable Adobe Photoshop & ImageReady CS2 is entirely possible! These are the steps found in a forum on portableapps .com

# Locate the directory that contains your Adobe Photoshop CS2 setup installation.

# Install Adobe Photoshop CS2, enter your serial registration, and activate the product.

# Create a new directory on your computer and copy the following necessary files for Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Adobe ImageReady CS2 to operate:

\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\ ->
ACE.dll
AdobeLM.dll
Adobelmsvc Installer.dll
AdobeUpdater.dll (generates error, program runs)
AdobeXMP.dll
agldt28l.dll
AGM.dll
asneu.dll
AXE8SharedExpat.dll
Bib.dll
BIBUtils.dll
CoolType.dll
epic_regs.dll (generates error, program runs, goodbye shortcuts)
FileInfo.dll (program runs, error on File>File Info)
libagluc28.dll
pdfsettings.dll
persresen_US.dll
Photoshop.dll
Plugin.dll
PSArt.dll
PSViews.dll
Tw10122.dat
VersionCue.dll
VersionCueUI.dll
\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\\Activation\(your language/country)\tw12216.dat
\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\\Required\*.*
\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses\B2B86000.dat

You may decided to keep certain folders; like for example "Plug-Ins", but it is not necessary for Photoshop CS2 or ImageReady CS2 to operate, and though some plugins will still appear to be available, they will cause no change to the image if selected. UPDATE: Using UPX v1.95 beta I was able to compress all EXEs and DLLs in the root directory and keep full functionality!
# Copy the minimum required registry entries by running "regedit".

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{236BB7C4-4419-42FD-0409-1E257A25E34D}]
"EPIC_ORG"="(your company or organisation you registered under)"
"EPIC_SERIAL"="(your serial registration number without dashes)"
"EPIC_NAME"="(the name you registered under)"

UPDATE: In total, this removes approximately 212 MB of unneeded materials and brings the installation down to approximately 26 MB!!!

At this point you can uninstall Adobe Photoshop/ImageReady CS2 and remove your license file. To run Photoshop or Imageready without installing the application, do the following (it's obvious):
# Copy the registry entries (EPIC_ORG, EPIC_SERIAL, EPIC_NAME) back to their appropriate place in your registry.

# Copy "B2B86000.dat" back to the directory \Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses
# Locate the directory you copied your files to and launch either "Photoshop.exe" or "ImageReady.exe".
Source

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
The idea is good, but one would like to run this application from a usb on any machine. What I would like to ask is that by copying the registry data and the folders can one run this application anywhere?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
thats what the claim is .... iv done the setup on my ipod im gonna try it out on my frenz comp and let u know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom