Mad Mad Mad

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Official Techie, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Official Techie

Official Techie New Member

If any one cnt help me in two days then i will have to surely go mad
    the problems i m facing on my pc
    1 my default homepage changes itself to prohosting.com
    2 few stupid favourites have automatically been created
    3 on my desktop two web page urls for playing online games creates itself countless times i delete it
    4 firefox is not a safe browser(personal feeling)
    5 ven yahoo antispy and spybot could not help me

ps i dont want to format my pc http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif

2. OP
    OP
    Official Techie

Official Techie New Member

life is not majjani and for digit people why cant one write his problems in less than 50 words

3. __Virus__

__Virus__ New Member

huh what does that mean ??? anyway for ur problems it is pity much clear that ur browser is hijacked... lots of spywares and adwares... how about giving a full scan with ad-aware se??? am very positive the results should help u save from going mad.. do remember scanning in safe mode.. an antivirus wud b highly recommended

4. gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian CG Artist

Maybe install the window again!

5. godsownman

godsownman New Member

Download some spyware and addware scanners and scan your computer. You have been infected by them.

Hence you are going MAD

6. 47shailesh

47shailesh Security Exp

USe Lavasodt Ad-aware with all its updates loaded scan for ADS as it seems prob what u had stated is due 2 AD-bots and for sure ur browser is hijaked. not always scanning with fully updated spyware scanners and antivirus cannot catch all malacious code u have to update ur OS too to achieve improved results of ur scanners. so apply patches to ur OS or install AUTOPATCHER available in different DIGIT issues.

7. prasad_den

prasad_den New Member

Must be some adware or spyware dude... Download and scan with not just one, but 2 or 3 antispywares and anti adwares.. That must solve it...

8. MysticHalo

MysticHalo Your Maker.

Wow....whats this new disease that relates adware with madness ;)
    Anyways, this is how u must go abt it-:
    >>Download anti-spy software like Spyboy-S&D ,AdAware, Windows Malicious Software removal tool(April release)
    >>Then update these two with the l8est definitions
    >>Re-boot(in safe mode if u like) and run scans by all of them one after the other
    >>after all the spyware has been removed, reboot again and see if u find any problems
    >>if yes, then scan once again with them
    >>if no, then download and install a PROPER firewall like Outpost or Zonealarm or BlackICE. Most of them have inbuilt spyware guard.U may also want to get Windows Defender Beta 2.
    >>Also, for extra precaution, just turn on the Immunization feature of Spybot
    >>If u use IE, then make sure u have IE6 SP1 and winXP SP2 installed and if FF, then make sure u have the Ad-block Filterset extension installed. This extension makes FF the safest browser :)
    >>Though all these will be able to detect the potential threats, the security primarily depends on the user's judgement as to what must be browsed during internet sessions :)

This should be enough to prevent u from going mad. IAnd dont forget to keep ur anti spy software up-to-date

PS: Yahoo-antiSpy is hopeless, though it is able to detect the spyware, it is rarely able to remove them

9. __Virus__

__Virus__ New Member

really dont understand why ppl just post for the sake of posting.. everything repeated... cept the post by MysticHalo, which made lots of sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.