M2AVM-HDMI need experts opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gksunil

Broken In
i read about the asus M2AVM-HDMI chipset for AMD. got a few doubts
1. Since i'm going to buy TFT monitor (17"), will HDMI make a difference compared to non HDMI motherboard?
2. It is written in reviews that one HDMI card is bundled withthe package? Is it available in bangalore?
3.They have mentioned that, if the HDMI card is put PCI 16X slot will be used up. Will it cause any problem in future upgradation like DirectX10 graphics card. (I can always remove the HDMI card right?)
Please give your valuable suggestions

goobimama

 Macboy
You don't seem to have gotten the concept of HDMI and the what it does.

HDMI is an interface, to connect your digital video/audio equipment to your display/receiver. It is very much like DVI, except that it also carries with it audio signals.

Your 17inch LCD will NOT have an HDMI port in most occurances. It will instead have a DVI port and an Analog port. So HDMI will not make a difference to you unless you are buying a LCD TV or a Plasma Display for home entertainment. You should however look for a DVI port (that is, if your monitor supports DVI). It doesn't make that much of a difference (at least not in my case) but its better to be future proof.

I don't think there's such a thing as a HDMI card. It is basically a graphics card with an HDMI port.

3. You can always remove the HDMI card and put in your DX10 card.

OP
G

gksunil

Broken In
thank you for your comments.Does the above mentioned board have DVI out?
When i'm playing movies in normal CRT9 all the latest ones avi format) the balck bands occupy almost half of the screen? If i use LCD and DVI interface will it make a difference?

goobimama

 Macboy
DVI is just an interface. Your image *should* look just a *bit* clearer as the data passing from your computer (graphics card) to your monitor is digital (DVI). In analog, there could be a signal loss (colours appearing a tad bit washed out, sharpness, etc). DVI will NOT make those black bars disappear.

However, if you get a widescreen LCD monitor (16:10), then the black bars will be reduced considerably as the monitor is wider than it is taller. Your normal CRT is a 4:3 aspect ratio.

OP
G

gksunil

Broken In
again thanks.do you know of any brands which has wide screen TFTs(10000 rs)? In such a monitor how the normal screen and fonts look?

goobimama

 Macboy
I haven't done any research on LCD market prices and such so I wouldnt know which models are available and their prices. The resolution offered would be 1440x960 or something like that, so fonts will look big enough.

premsharma

In the zone
Yes there is HDMI card with Asus motherboard M2AVM-HDMI , Board comes with HDMI card. They have implemented HDMI through add on card and yes it sits in PCI-Express slot, which blocks your option for adding graphic card. Though you can always remove it to plug graphic card if you are not using it. This board has DVI also.

Another board from MSI does have HDMI without any HDMI card but that do not have DVI then. In the most case Biostar board will suit you as it has both DVI as well as HDMI. HDMI is inbuilt here and not implemented through add on card like Aasus.

Let me clarify that HDMI card is no graphic card but separate HDMI card which sits in PCI-Express slot and it comes with Asus board.

You can get these boards here www.theitwares.com

You can also see this *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55392

premsharma

In the zone
Right !!! of no use rightnow but then not bad to be futuristic. Presently Biostar one is better. MSI will be soon coming out with its ATX version will take care of all the problems.

These boards are future of AMD. Nvidia is trying to comeup with such a chip to combat AMD690G for X2 platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom