lsass.exe svchost.exe STARWINDSERVICE.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi87

Journeyman
Hi everyone!
What do these system processes actually do?
And i m seecing a process by the name STARWINDSERVICE.exe
What is that?
Also what will happen if i ENDPROCESS the first-two-above said?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Starwind -> installed by alcohol (u can chose not to install it by choosing custom setup while installing alcohol)

lass.exe, svchost -> Critical windows processes.. Many windows freatures depend on these.. So better not end process them!

anandk

Distinguished Member
u could remove starwinder fro ur startups list. the other two are critical. if u end the first nothing shud really happen. if u end one of the latter two, ur pc will probably shutdown.

anandk

Distinguished Member
lsass.exe - It generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. This process is performed by using authentication packages such as the default Msgina.dll....
*process.networktechs.com/lsass.exe.php

Svchost.exe - It is located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, Svchost.exe checks the services part of the registry to construct a list of services that it must load. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services. Therefore, separate services can run, depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This grouping of services permits better control and easier debugging.
*support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314056Each instance of Svchost process launches a list of services. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Four or five instances of svchost.exe is normal. If you want to see what services are run by each Svchost process...
*windowsxp.mvps.org/svchost.htm

OP
A

adi87

Journeyman
Ok Thanx Again.
In th MemUsage section is the actual memory consumed by each process listed?Is this the RAM or wht?
Also i noticed that IExploree req. the above more than OPera. Does it mean that if my system is slow i shud use OPERA?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Yes...its the amount of RAM consumed! And yse Opera is way better than IE in terms of RAM consumed and also more security features it offer and functionality also!

IE should be used only for specific sites live Windows Live, Windows Update and some other IE specific sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom