lowest cost of a PCIe card

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
i want to know the lowest price of of a PCIe gfx card.
i want to purchase the card just as a backup so that if anything happens to my 6600GT i shld not waste time to get it repaired.]

thanx in advance

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
That's being a little paranoid. Getting ur grafx card toasted is extremely improbable unless u deliberately OC extremely and the driver's mechanism didn't prevent it. I mean, why spend around 5K on backup when it's not gonna happpen?

magnet

Youngling
yesh harsh also get 1 mor cheap gfx card...for the other cheap card to get toasted which will becoz its cheap........

dude seriously.....jus dont play with the card(overclk lik hell..or u dont know abt the precautions to b takesn while doin)..
also i guess the s/w with 6600gt will avoid frm heating(xcessive i mean)

indro

In the zone
There is a FX 5300 and also a 5750 GFX's with PS 2.0 . i would recommend to go for the 5750 card.Its very good and fairly fast.

asdf1223

Journeyman
x300se/le really cheap. but dont worry gpu frying is very rare(in which case u have to upgrade ur whole rig maybe to pcie 32x or 64x or whatever) :wink:

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
128 MB - PCI Exp PCX 5300 costs 4000/- while 128 MB PINE XFX - PCI Exp PCX 5750 will set you back by 6300/-. This is the price for Bangalore. It may vary depending on your location. For prices in Bangalore, you can check out www.computerwarehousepricelist.com . It gives a fair idea about prices in Blore. Though prices are bit more than SP road, service is good. Unfortunately they dont stock all the hardware you may dream about. :wink:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
zombie said:
128 MB - PCI Exp PCX 5300 costs 4000/- while 128 MB PINE XFX - PCI Exp PCX 5750 will set you back by 6300/-. This is the price for Bangalore. It may vary depending on your location. For prices in Bangalore, you can check out www.computerwarehousepricelist.com . It gives a fair idea about prices in Blore. Though prices are bit more than SP road, service is good. Unfortunately they dont stock all the hardware you may dream about. :wink:
pcie 6200 128mb 128bit costs 3000 this days..haw can 5300 cost that much

quad master

In the zone
Big 6200 128MB Turbo Cache version Rs 3000 Approx.

Also i dont see ne reason that ur 6600GT will conk off , unless u
overclock it beyond limit without keeping an eye on the temps

funkymonkey

Journeyman
If all you want is a backup card then why you wana go out and spend on PCI express card.
A simple PCI card will get you to the desktop and do regular stuff other than gaming.
I have very old S3 verge 1MB PCI card as my backup card.
You can now get old GF2 or TNT PCI cards for less than 1000 bucks.
Get that one insted.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
I am just being lazy buddy. If I drove down to SP road then I could get fairly accurate prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom