LOVESAN keeps on attacking my pc!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i have winxp pro & kaspersky antivirus installed.....whenever i connect to interent a popup appears saying ur computer was attacked by lovesan...its the antivirus that shows this popup...i click dont show this message in this session again & it doesnt appear again ..but everytime i startup my pc n connect to net it shows again...i installed latest microsoft patches...ran blaster fix tool from symatnec...upsated kaspersky definations & scaned my pc..but to no avail...plz some1 help me......how to get rid of this LOVESAN....... :(

anandk

Distinguished Member
lovesan is an internet worm which exploits the DCOM RPC vulnerability in microsoft windows.

first run your virus scan (or avast) at boot time or safe mode using deep-scan modes. (boot-time is important.)
then download and use the latest lovesan/blaster/sasser removal/fixer tool/s from microsoft/symantec. (u seem to have already done that)
good u have taken all windows updates. but ensure that u have patched up your pc with KB835732 patch. also install sp2 if u havent, and enable its firewall. else use zone alarm firewall, when on the net.
thats all i can think of.

expertno.1

Technomancer
are bhai kaspersky to unistall karo aur dusre antivirus ko try kar ke dekho ki aisa phir meessage aata hai ki nahi

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@tweety_bird_bunny
dont worry u r not infected by any virus ... lovesan is some kinda attack which is succesfully blocked by kaspersky and i too face the same when i turn off my firewall ..kaspersky is the best anti virus that is there now .. dont doubt its detection capabilities ..its highly reliable ..just use a good firewall such as zonealarm and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom