Lost the Visual Style: WinXP.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavrick

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have lost my WinXP Visual Styles. I mean when ever i apply any theme (even the default WinXP) the Start Menu And the Common Task Folder donnot change their look. They remained same as Windows Classic Style (Like Windows classic style option). But other windows like taskbar, dialouge boxes change them self according to the theme. Ihave check the Theme service it is Started and configured as Automatic. The Visual Effect (under My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>Setting>Visual Effect) are set at Adjust For Best Appearance. I am postion my screen shots also. Look at the 1st screen shot (1.jpg) there the start menu is old styled but the Dialouge Box is like it should be. In 2nd (2.jpg) screen shot look at the Common Task bar at the left side.

Last nite i uninstalled Longhorn Tnasformation Pack 6.0. While doing that my PC hangged. So i re-booted it (cold reboot) After that it whole screen turned black and gave the error msgina.dll not found, Shell32.dll not found and The User Interface was not found and only option left was Restart. Well i replace all the file these file from as they were stored in some other location also. So now atleast i can boot normally but i was unable to restore these start menu and common tack folder old look.
Plz help me with this. What can i do to restore my old look. I have unistalled Longhorn Transformation Pack 6.0 totally.
Plz Help.

allindrome

Journeyman
While uninstalling Longhorn Transformation Pack you are prompted whether to disable the Windows XP theme service.Read this carefully and select NO.
For now,you may re-install the Longhorn Transformation Pack and follow the above steps while uninstalling.Alternately you may directly enable the theme service.

OP
M

mavrick

i have already done that. (i have mentioned it in the my above post). I have checked it already it is started and configured as automatic.

vysakh

Padawan
right click the task bar--->properties
go to the start menu tab
check if the classic start menu radio button is selected. if yes, select the other one and apply it

theraven

Technomancer
goto start => run
type in sfc /scannow
pop in ur windows cd when asked
continue
restart
apply any new theme u wish

OP
M

mavrick

Tried every thing. System restore, File Checker (it restored many files still nothing changed). Plz Help.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Try tihs: go to start>run
type services.msc
In the window, u will see all the services and their status.
Check status of service 'Themes' maybe it will be disabled by the transformation pack.

And BTW, windows can't boot if shell32 is missing, coz it contains all bitmaps and AVIs that winXP uses.

OP
M

mavrick

I know that windows can't boot without shell32.dll and i have mentioned that i have replaced the file. I have also mentioned 2 times above that the theme service is set to automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom