"LOST"...soon to be released as a GAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced a long-term worldwide licensing agreement with Touchstone Television to develop and publish a video game based on the Emmy Award-winning television series ‘Lost.’ Developed by Ubisoft’s award-winning Montréal studio and scheduled to hit retail shelves worldwide in 2007, the game will be offered for home and portable consoles as well as PCs.

“We are delighted to work with Bryan Burk, one of the biggest producers in Hollywood and with Touchstone Television,” said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer of Ubisoft. “That they have chosen us for the adaptation of the cult series ‘Lost’ is the best homage that a producer can make to the creativity of Ubisoft.”

“This deal is another example of how truly powerful the ‘Lost’ brand is,” said Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television. “We are excited to work together with Ubisoft to create a gaming experience that will allow fans to further immerse themselves into the mysteries and intrigues of the series.”

"The creative appeal of 'Lost' transcends borders with its character driven stories and addictive mysterious mythology," said Julia Franz, executive vice president, Touchstone Television. "It's not enough for fans worldwide to just watch 'Lost,' the game is a wonderful opportunity to organically extend this creative phenomenon into an interactive consumer experience."

"Many of us on 'Lost' have been hardcore gamers for years and the chance to work with Ubisoft, a company behind some of our favorite titles, has excited us to no end," said 'Lost' executive producer Bryan Burk. "With the ability to tell new interactive stories within the 'Lost' universe, we're giddy to be developing a game that, once completed, will be as engaging and fun to play as it is to create.

*channels.lockergnome.com/game/arch...stone_team_up_to_create_lost_video_game.phtml

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Indyan said:
Dont expect much. All games based on movies/tv series are crap.

WELL SAID MY FRIEND....

take a look at matrix...lofr....

wish this turns out good...

"lost " series is worth a million...

Sourabh

Laptoping
If its anything related with Lost, I have to spam in here :p

Just kiddin, well you see it would be fun playing the game role playing ur favorite characters. I for sure dont expect anything much from the title.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i think the game will be like pressing the numbers into the system...u know...

4 8 15 16 23 42.....

but i think it all depends upon the graphics they put in...coz lost is well known for its location and .....if the game misses this crucial element...then i think it will go down....faster

Dipen01

Youngling
Well i dont expect much of it..

What will they ask in missions.. Identify if he is other or not.. :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
But what if they use an engine like maybe the Crytek one? Which LOST fan would not want to explore through a beautifully rendered tropical forest, the beautiful ocean, the crashed plane? Heck, I would love to play the game as a new character, one of the Red Shirts with a backstory of my own. I would love to have my character go around the island discovering new hatches, the ship, face the Island Monster, battle my inner demons, flirt with Kate, spar with Sawyer, hunt boars, be chased by polar bears or maybe just relax on the sand and ogle at Shannon....mmmmm....delicious!. If handled properly, it could turn it helluva game!

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ctrl_alt_del said:
But what if they use an engine like maybe the Crytek one? Which LOST fan would not want to explore through a beautifully rendered tropical forest, the beautiful ocean, the crashed plane? Heck, I would love to play the game as a new character, one of the Red Shirts with a backstory of my own. I would love to have my character go around the island discovering new hatches, the ship, face the Island Monster, battle my inner demons, flirt with Kate, spar with Sawyer, hunt boars, be chased by polar bears or maybe just relax on the sand and ogle at Shannon....mmmmm....delicious!. If handled properly, it could turn it helluva game!

Stole my words dude

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
yeah.. the idea of using CryEngine 2 for rendering jungles is really xcellent !!! If finally the game gets released, it wud be worth playing mainly if the green paradise is brought to life. Exploring those beautiful jungles wud be r-e-a-l-l-y AWESUMO.

Though thinking how will they incorporate the really excellent hallucinations tht each character will encounter if the game incorporates RPG character elements on the line of Oblivion i.e the mission of thegame will be based on the character in whose shoes u wanna play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom