Lost Control over Control Panel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
Help! i used some windows hacking script to change the name of my "Control Panel" to PANEL X. and after i restarted i did get the cool name but i lost control over lotsa stuff. i cant run any .exe file. the error says that i have to specify an association for "exe" files. and if i open control panel i cant use any of the stuff like add/remove programs. i cant open that windows hacking script to reverse back stuff!i cant open my ie! im typing this from my redhat mozilla browser. somebody get me out of this muck fast!

theraven

Technomancer
upload the script
lets see what other registry values it changed
im ofcourse hopin u used a .reg script to merge into ur registry ?

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
im ofcourse hopin u used a .reg script to merge into ur registry?
nope. it was just an exe which i ran and it gave me the option to change the name of the control panel.

this is the exact error when i try to run an exe file:

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel

i dont get it. what kind of association does an exe file need? is'nt the windows shell supposed to take care of it?if it was a jpeg or gif etc i know that it can be opened in ie/paint/psp etc. now where does the exe file open. or is it that i ve to change my "control panel". is that possible?

Try using system restore
dude i cant even right click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES. i get the same darned error.[/url]

game_dev

Broken In
Try pressing F8 key before the OS boots. In the menu select the option of restoring the system to an earlier config.

OP
L

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
it was done finally! i downloaded this reg file to fix up my registry for this particular problem.
theres this site i recommend to all you guys. amazing site whenever your windows decides to sulk! check it out *home.earthlink.net/~leetutor/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom