1> Centrino proccy or Core2Duo proccy
2> widescreen (4 movie watching)
3> Robust build quality
4> Bluetooth 2, WLAN(or WiFi)
5> Integrated Camera (optional)
6> minimum 1GB DDR2 RAM @ 667Mhz or higher
7> DVD writer
8> Windows Vista Home Premium capable
9> standard HDD available today (I mean 160GB higher and good rpm too)
10>I need a decent(future proof) chipset but not if makes the price sky high
11> If possible a good graphics solution

Do post your comments and let me know

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
Dell fits your bill perfectly and all its models can be customized to your needs, anyway you want.
Visit Dell.com and choose India, scan though the Inspiron Series, 1420, 1525, 1720. First two numbers representing Screen Sizes.
You can get all you mentioned in every model above and further customize it, its very transparent.

Vaio will be too expensive and i personally dont like HP. I'll vouch for DELL only, I have one which is 3 years old and is running perfectly fine, i've ordered a new Inspiron 1420 also.

Last edited:

vaibhav.Kanwal

Self Confessed Geek
1720 will cost on the higher side, i suggest 1420 and 1525 will suit or budget fine, and if you want to make it future proof, i suggest you go for 2GB Ram and T750 processor, Graphics card X300 will be sufficient enough for you needs and ocassional gaming too.
It'll cost you anywhere between 44000 and 50000 if the configuration is of the above order.
Dell USA offers discount coupons but these aren't available for Dell India.

Here's the link, check out the options you have, but all the prices are excluding Tax.
*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
thnx vaibhav.Kanwal and bikdel for ur valuable suggestions
i'm going to enquire now and let u no wen i have placed the order

BTW is it true dat u hav to directly place the order to the company and not ne vendor for any Dell products??

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who helped me decide. I am going for the Dell Inspiron 1525 with little customization. I had a go at other companies too, but no one is offering as much as Dell. Hope my trust on Dell doesn't get betrayed.
To vaibhav.Kanwal "Graphics card X300 will be sufficient enough for you needs and ocassional gaming too", yeah thanks a lot buddy. They r offering the X3100.
The website price is around 43K.
Thanks again all

gopz

In the zone
Yups, Dell has no reseller between the consumer and the company itself. You place the order directly on its Website

This doesnt hold good now, Dell has started reseller operations. There are so many dealers who stock Dell laptops. You might wanna do some research to find out who is the nearest Dell dealer in your city. Prices are the same but the advantage is that you get to see the laptop and purchase it immediately, instead of just looking online and waiting for a week for delivery of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom