looking for note book pc under 40k

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo

Broken In
Hi
Can u guys locate a <4ok laptop preferably with wifi. Sempron based systems don't shell out much processing power do they?
Give me detailed info as i am a novice in the notebook department

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
You could go in for the Acer Aspire 3002

Amd Sempron 2800+
256 MB DDR Ram
Sis Chipset
40 gb HDD
DvD-Rom/Cd-RW
15" LCD
4 USb 2.0 ports

Price= around 33k(with 512 MB RAM)

Semprons are basically re-branded bartons... so 2800+ is quite a powerful processor...

or you can go in for HP Compaq 2207-Al

Intel Celeron M 1.4 Ghz
256 mb ddr ram
Intel Integrated graphics 2
15" TFT
40 GB Toshiba HDD
Philips Combo Drive

Price: Around 35k

Celeron M is basically Pentium M with 512kb l2 cache...

I have used the 2207-Al before and it's a very nice laptop... one of the forum members, Sourabh, owns the Acer Aspire 3002 which is a very good laptop too....

sumitava_b

In the zone
Another laptop thread :roll: !! You can post it in an already existing thread about laptop. Let's keep this section clean. :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22082

However, you can check Acer Aspire 3002 model. It is the best bet under 40K. And dont under-estimate sempron specially when u r getting it at such low price.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Acer Aspire 3002 :D :D :D is the best according to me....great configuration for less money.... 8) 8) 8)

Check out the site

*www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/aspire3002.html

laptops4u

Broken In
i have one

IBM 1834
celeron 1.4
40 gb
256 ram
15 TFT
Combo
Lan Modem
1 year warranty
for 36 k

same config in HP Home
for 41 k

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
But why pay 6k extra for the IBM? When you get the same thing in 6k less and with much better support...hp support is much better than that of IBM's

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Acer isnt the best in the market but under 40k i guess acer can giv the best deal.HP no no juz avoid hp or compaq i kno loads of people wont agree or will ask loads of questions but i juz suggest u to stay away from HP,Compaq as the price of both hav come down and now they r really using a very cheap components as far as i kno.2 of my cousins r using it and they r so angry wid it i juz cant tell u.go for Acer its ok.instead of celeron go for sempron any day betta then dat of celeron lappy.eva IBM is gud as sum one suggested u but eva it has a celeron proc.now its up to u.do tell us wat u hav decided.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
sorry i shud hav asked dis in my last post but....

can any one suggest me a gud lappy under 60k?basically i'll be playing loads of games,surfing,movies...i want atleast 15''inch screen...i know my budget is quite less for all those things but still if any one can help me out then plz i'll b thankful.centrino 1.5 min,40-60GB hdd,512ram,CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.and yaa i'll like to hav a card for it and it wont be included in 60k i'll buy it seperatly.so temme sum gpu for lappy from cheapest to mid range and if possible then plz wid model and price.

Sourabh

Laptoping
all i have to say is ACER is not at bad as ppl point out to be

i m not saying this because i own this ACER laptop

seriously its worth it, if u can shell out for xtra RAM, and a better battery you can do most things on this laptop

wht i have found is this sempron M 2800+ is actually a BARTON 2600+ which runs at 800 mhz when at less LOAD and 1600 Mhz on CPU intensive tasks

also the sis chipset used supports s754 M 64 bit processors so tht mebbe a thing to try out a year down the line

all in all its VFM which no can deny

if this lasts for even 1 year i would be worth by money

i m sure the electricity bill wod go down too sooner or later

My suggestion wod be get ACER ASPIRE 3002NLC for 32k with carrycase

check this for more info on the same

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@Sourabh
very true that acer isnt that bad as people say,at the same time its VFM.well sourabh eva i wanna lappy for 55-60k max.so want ur suggestion that is there any betta config then the one u r using?and i juz dun want that sis or via moboz.and since how long u hav been using this lappy?did u had any problem wid it till date?howz the performance?how many battaries u r using can i ask for more batt by paying more so dat i can get more batt life instead of 1 and a half hours?and wat bout the sound quality of ur lappy?is it loud enough or not?i'll be going for 512 ram and a decent gpu for it.plz do tell us bout it.....
if any can tell wid config and price plzz..

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
GUD NEWS
@dodo if u can spend 7k more sum how then u can go for ACER TravelMate 4150 and its juz awesome it will cost u 47k max including taxes.
Config:-
Intel® Centrino™ mobile technology, featuring:
Intel® Pentium® M processor 715 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.5 GHz, 400 MHz FSB)
Intel® 915GM Express chipset
256 MB of DDR2 memory, upgradable to 2 GB using two soDIMM modules (dual-channel support)
15.0" XGA TFT LCD supporting 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
16.7 million colors
Intel® 915GM integrated 3D graphics featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 and up to 128 MB of video memory, supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0
External resolution/refresh rate
2048 x 1536: 85/75/70/66/60 Hz
1600 x 1200: 120/100/85/75/60 Hz
1280 x 1024: 180/160/120/100/90/85/75/70/60 Hz
1024 x 768: 200/160/150/120/100/90/85/75/72/70/60 Hz
800 x 600: 200/160/120/100/90/85/75/72/70/60 Hz
60 GB ATA/100 hard disk drive
DVD/CD-RW combo
65 W Li-ion battery pack (8-cell)
5-hour1 battery life
2.5-hour rapid charge; 3.5-hour charge-in-use
Touchpad with 4-way integrated scroll button
Audio system with two built-in speakers
Built-in microphone
Modem: 56K ITU V.92 modem; Wake-on-Ring ready
Four USB 2.0 ports
Infrared (FIR) port
Wi-Fi
One-year International Travelers Warranty (ITW)

what do u guyz think bout this lappy shud i go for one or hav any betta option?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
@Aniruddh-

Do you even have an idea what you are talking about?

You say Toshiba hdd is cheap? Go out there on neowin and ask those guys about toshiba HDDs.. they are the best in business.... and you are saying HP uses "cheap" compnents? are you sane?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@mail2and
well where did i wrote that toshiba hdd is cheap?if i hav then may b by mistake eva i know its the best.and ya HP and Compaq is not as gud as it were b4 and this is what i hav heard from 5-7 people who i kno,and i m talkin bout the budget lappy not the high end.and i thought wen i can tell him bout all this facts thats why i wrote that i dun hav much idea bout lappy and if u think its not true or i m talkin rubbish or sumthin then temme i'll definately edit that part from my post.
thanx

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh said:
sorry i shud hav asked dis in my last post but....

can any one suggest me a gud lappy under 60k?basically i'll be playing loads of games,surfing,movies...i want atleast 15''inch screen...i know my budget is quite less for all those things but still if any one can help me out then plz i'll b thankful.centrino 1.5 min,40-60GB hdd,512ram,CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.and yaa i'll like to hav a card for it and it wont be included in 60k i'll buy it seperatly.so temme sum gpu for lappy from cheapest to mid range and if possible then plz wid model and price.

Aniruddh, as per ur requirements, Dell ins6000 is best suited for u. it has got every feature u have asked and its performance is rocking too. U can check it out in the dell india site. For card, u can update it to ATI radeon X300 64/128 mb which will definitely cross 60K, as u have guessed too.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sumitava_b
true sumitava eva i neva wanted to go for Acer instead of Dell but my budget was the issue.but now i'll be gettin my lappy from US.
Sooo plz suggest me any gud config wid brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom