Looking for a DVD player (not dvd-rom, or dvd software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight

Broken In
HI All,
Please guide me to buy a DVD-player which offers great picture quality and can play music/songs CDS (MP3), DVDs, VCDs, etc..

Also, guide me in buying a web-cam. my budget is upto rs.3000

ALSO, i wnated to buy an MFD. which can SCAN, PRINT, FAX, etc.. My budget is aroudn rs.7000

Thanks ALL

theraven

Technomancer
1) DVD player ... pretty much all are good today ..
if it comes down to philips and pioneer .. pioneer has better quality
for future upgrades ... and better quality make sure it supports progressive scan and optical outputs ...
my friend bought a philips right now ... and someone suggested a pioneer having better quality
so i suppose pioneer is a very good choice
2) theres a topic circulating .. here or in hardware discussion i think on webcams ... u should be able to find it quit easily
either ways .. i wouldnt opt for anything but a logitech !
3) i have an HP PSC 2100 or 2110 ... one of those ... box packed new condition ... if ur interested and are in mumbai PM me ...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Man go for Philips DVP 320 ...its the best and latest player ..hmmm 24 bit Dolby sound , DTS ....composite Output...Progressive Scan....And whatnot...Yes they have the LOGO ..".u have it we Play it "
Will play anything !!!!! :p Great u will not repent it...

allajunaki

Journeyman
I go for Pioneer because of one reason.... Pioneer doesnot have Region Locking, esp the imported ones from Japan.... + Its a superb drive, plays MP3 WMA and even CD's with .jpg files!!.....

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
my lg 7221p also has no region locking and runs everything now available in the market. u can even put a jpeg cd and watch the photos

allajunaki

Journeyman
dude all DVD ROMS produced legally has to have Region Locking.... The thing is Region Locking system will Lock in the Region to which Drive changes for the fifth time...
mariner, have u tried original US CD's (not the original-looking CD's) but the real US and Singapore CD's ( Coz those are the ones that have region encryption) Anyways I dont know much about LG drives, My DVD rental guy recommended Pioneer (He has Original DVD's Imported from US via contacts, man quality is just awesome), and has the biggest collection of Original DVD's in chennai (i was in Chennai till bout 4 months back). So i got Pioneer and am very happy with it....
So i suggest to check out LG ones also...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
No dear most DVD player manufacturers have done away with that crap dvd region protection. If the DVD players are region free then any region specific dvd can be played with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom