Longhorn Transformation Pack 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
Has someone tried Longhorn Transformation Pack 10.5??
Want to change the looks of your Windows XP and make it look like the upcoming Microsoft Longhorn?

This is another brand new release of the one and only Longhorn Transformation Pack. This small piece of software will transform your Windows XP (and SP2) or Windows Server 2003 into the best looking Longhorn port that is available right now, without any extra software!

IS IT SAFE??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
hmm I have not installed it.. I mean used or tried it but I have used Vista Transformation Pack. It's ok. It's a VS only, I am not sure if that causes any problems, but for me it's so far so good.

There are new updates for the same, take a look at Neowin VS section or at dA.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm why still its Longnhorn tranceformation pack... as longhorn bcase Vista... so shouldnt the Longhorn Tranceformation Pack b call as Vista Tranceformation Pack??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Both are different.

Dint you see Vista screenshots? It's looks very different to what Longhorn used to look like.

Vista Transformation pack is not Longnhorn Transformation pack

crashuniverse

In the zone
transformation packs even make ur system dead n u have to restore back to a point. its just to install themes.

no enhance in performance, in fact degrades a bit.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
these packs are kool, but can mess around wid ur system files. i had a lot of troubles uninstalling it. the uninstaller broke, and i had to manually replace the files wid the original ones to go back.

believe me, if uninstaller is all messed up then its a pain in the a** to uninstall. i formatted for a quick solution!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I never like such Transformation Packs...
They simply replace some system files with their own ones (like shell32.dll, explorer.exe, msgina.dll, winlogon.exe, ntoskrnl.exe, logonui.exe, etc).
And add some Visual styles to Resources folder...
Nothing else.
We can manually do it in a very safe and clean way.
We can replace those files which we like to replace in stead of replacing all essential files.
And we can get better VS than the packed ones that caom with these trans packs.

I didnt like Vista Transformation pack too...
So its better to d/l some cool visual styles from net and apply them and hack system files with Resource Hacker as u want and ENJOY!!!

escape7

What? Where? How?
just create a restore point before installing transformation packs, these use up a lot of system resources and may also mess up your system files.

G

i m using royale theme given in autopatcher . its simple and cool . also dnt like tranformation packs

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I dont like Royale much, but i like only one theme in this world's collection - PANTHER of Style XP...
Cool Mac OS style theme and easy to read...

P.s.-Can ny one tell me how to change the color of the desktop icon's text and its font too.. ?
It doesnt work for me from the appearance way of the display CPL...

anandk

Distinguished Member
longhorn trans pack cud screw up ur pc. create a restore point if at all u want 2 try. uninstallations is where problems crop up. try royale or crystalxp instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom