Longhorn MSN messenger skin (A must try)

Status
Not open for further replies.

svk

Journeyman
Longhorn MSN skin

Just so there is no confusion: This skin is NOT for MSN Messenger 7 BETA which was released lately. It will be updated for 7 once MSN Messenger 7 becomes official (Febraury 2005)

Themes
Aero Theme: based on Aero UI by Windows X. You'll see a contrast between black and white since the sign-in window and contact list are based on Aero UI Day where as the conversation window is based on Aero UI Night. Toolbar icons are inspired from Longhorn icons by Cubiz and some other Y'z Toolbar themes (sorry but I can't remember their authors).
Inspirat Theme: done with permission from stefanka to match his famous Inspirat visual style. A dark-grey/silvery theme with toolbar icons that has a little of both longhorn and inspirat.

screenshot
*tinypic.com/b8n40
Download from rolandunderg.net

Install Notes
Make sure you have an original unmodified latest 6.2 version of MSN Messenger preinstalled before you install the skin.

zenblue

Broken In
hi guys...im downloading the skin...but how do i apply it?...do i need some special software for that or just execute the downloaded file and when i apply it, how will i go back to the original one??...pls suggest...

FunkyB

Broken In
i wanna know that too...
@zenblue plz giv me the dowload link too...cudnt download last time i tried...:(

OP
S

svk

Journeyman
just execute the downloaded file.
in there you can select between 2 skins.
choose your favourite one

zenblue

Broken In
i applied the skin but its appearing exactly as its appearing in screen shot & the title bar doesnt appears black also as its appearing in the screen shot...i have stylesxp running too..do i disable it first?...

zenblue

Broken In
oops sorry guys!!....it was **"""not appearing exactly as in screen shot""**....i disabled stylexp too...its till the same...title bar is still winxp blue...

FunkyB

Broken In
You cannot access /files/lhmsn.exe from (none).
To download this file you will have to get it from rolandunderg.net

hey Wizard, everytime i try i get that message ! ! ! and i must hav tried like 20 times...if anyone can suggest some other means of gettin it...? and i do not use any software like StyleXP or something...will that be a problem in anyway??? of course i need to download it first :wink:

OP
S

svk

Journeyman
ya i think theres a slight variation from screenshot. but the link is working fine
*www.rolandunderg.net/files/lhmsn.exe

zenblue

Broken In
@svk...yeah the link works fine...i downloaded 4 skins from there...but screen shot appears different from actual skin applied...maybe the screen shot is taken using msn messenger 7 beta....well...anyways...it looks cool...:)

FunkyB

Broken In
hey finally got the file but its quite different from the screenshot...i guess any connection to MS will hav a catch... :wink: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom