Long time delay when windows is shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun77574

Broken In
Whenever i try to shut down my system it pauses at the "WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN" screen. after this i'm left with no choice but to turn the power button off directly. can someone pls explain me about this issue and how to troubleshoot it.

Usually my system boots up and shows the desktop with all the icons in taskbar in Approx 2 mins and the PC performance is also good. the problem is only when i shut down my PC, so i feel this could not be a virus issue and might be related to registry.

Please help me before something happens seriously.
Thanks in advance...

digital2006

Broken In
if it was not happening b4 then , have u added any new hardware ?
if not revert to the restore point created when r sys was running fine.

this solved the problem for most of us.

if there is new hardware check it on hardware compatibility list

& find an updated driver

heres the HCL link -------*support.microsoft.com/kb/314062

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
arun77574 said:
Whenever i try to shut down my system it pauses at the "WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN" screen. after this i'm left with no choice but to turn the power button off directly. can someone pls explain me about this issue and how to troubleshoot it.

Usually my system boots up and shows the desktop with all the icons in taskbar in Approx 2 mins and the PC performance is also good. the problem is only when i shut down my PC, so i feel this could not be a virus issue and might be related to registry.

Please help me before something happens seriously.
Thanks in advance...
well its a common problem

i think u have installed too many programs, once remove all the programs(softwares) installed on your pc, then deframent all your drives, clean your registry with some registry cleaner.

if now it shuts down fast then your system can't handle so much programs, try keeping them less

OP
arun77574

arun77574

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys. the issues resolved. the problem was caused by the drivers of my recently added hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom