lolz... And I bought....

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Hi all...

Continuing from this thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99189

I was all set to buy n82 ans when to the shop and the guy handed to me a demo set.
and the first thing i felt was. this for 20k??...no way. and the keypad.no.it reminded me of my casio data bank watch i had in my school 10 years ago...

I was stumped. then i told the shop guy my needs

1. Good Media player
2. Web browsing, Emails, IM
3. 3rd party App support preferred.
4. A OK cam. anything above 2 MP.

and he showed me just one phone samsung i710.

it have

1. Wmp
2. Win Mo 5.so Hell yeah
3. Win Mo..i think not good as symbian but some is there.
4. 2 MP. i have.

And the screen was brilliant. the most needed thing. so i bough it. 12.4 even though its a year old model.released in feb 2007.

and some things i came to know in that shop.

1. For the first time I made a wise purchase.after many..many...expensive and unneeded stuff..hehhehe...

2. SE is not in demand for last 3 or 4 months in TVM much. the shop folks are saying no new attractive designs are pulling them there..and the only phones sold are walkman series.

3. N96 for 34k..epic fail...i used it..it sucks for 34k.. nice going nokia

4. INNOV8 a great fone...but for 35k..no way..i decided that after a year this will be my purchase.

5. My impressions about the phone.these are the factors that matter to me...

1. Quality (9/10)

Good enuff. no loose ends. would have appreciated if the cable/Headphone connector didnt have a cover.

2. Camera (6/10)

AS a phone cam it does what it supposed to be. some candid shots. and some nice vids if u get lucky..hehehhe..but as a semi-pro shooter...the cam qlty is not much to write..its a a ok. the thing i needed

3. Music (5/10)

It gets the job done. avoid boredom. its wmp and the cans sucks. and a semi-audiophile who spends lots of money on sound cards..spks...players..cans.. this is a fail...

4. User interface.. (8/10)

Its a win MO. enuff said.

5. Bling factor (10/10)

Touch screen.good looking.nice design..flaunt values are nice. a chick who sat with me near bus today asked.if its a iphone.lolz. but hey i got to know here..hehehe.. brownie for me. :)

For 12.4k+ 400 for a 2 gb card (Max suported :() ... This is a win for me. and i saved lot of money. yea baby yea.

*shoulder pats himself*

Jerin

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Sad the Moto ZN5 has no good bling looks. But at 15.4 k and it features it is more than a steal. I would certainly go for ZN5 over the i710. Nevertheless, i710 does seem to be a good package.

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

touch screen yara.. bling bling....heheh.. yea zn5 doesnt deliver.. so didnt looked anyway...keypad also sucks...motorazr keypad ftw...

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
If you could write a bit more in the review. :neutral: I suggest you to write in grammatically correct formal laguage, give headers, use some colours(but not too many), and post pictures IF you can; so that the Review acquires a professional feel. Are YOU actually posting from your cellphone? :)

Nevertheless, Good purchase. :D Congrats. I also did buy HTC Gene recently and as my first Windows Mobile, am thoroughly enjoying it. And yeah, girls have asked me several times if it is an iPhone. :lol: Lolz.

Regards,
IronMan.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
had the i710.did like the fone at first but as the days went by the probs started to show.1st the touch screen stopped responding (it just wudnt respond some of the times).
hanged like hell.last the network went crazzy.
was so pissed off with the fone sold it off for 4k.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ My My. I didnt know Samsung could do that bad.. Maybe it was just you facing the problems? And selling off at 4k sounds even bad. I mean you dint get to use it much I believe.. You could have tried flashing it with newer ROM file. :neutral:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ samsung provide ONLY1 eng wm5 rom (for India) 4 that fone and its DDGF2.
had installed eng wm6 rom for the i718 and it had resulted in no gprs.soln was to flash radio part of that firmware with a serial cable which samsung service center cudnt provide me with.next flashed ith with a rus_eng wm6.1 rom.it was good but some parts were in russian so ...
also had sent the fone to Samsung service center and those guys lost the cam and the pwr button and i got back the fone after 2 months.

even my frnd wh had bought the fone after me has started facing probs of random reboots and hangs.

Last edited:
OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^^

damn man....

now really worried..lets see how it goes....till now its a OK... hope it holds its pants for a year...

hehe...3 of my frnd bought it last night together from the same shop...lolz....i cant wait to show them this..they will kill me..... :lol:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
had the i710.did like the fone at first but as the days went by the probs started to show.1st the touch screen stopped responding (it just wudnt respond some of the times).
hanged like hell.last the network went crazzy.
was so pissed off with the fone sold it off for 4k.

Beware Madjeri....if nething happens do post in the same thread...:eek:
& u say N82's keypad (no problem @ all) they look small but after working on them practically it bcomes a piece of cake 2 use...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom