Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayanbhm

Broken In
Hi,
Iam using win XP with service pack 2 and in a domain. When ever i try to access any shared resources after loging in to domain with my account iam getting an error message that
"Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logged in with. That user name has already been tried. A domain controller cannot be found to verify that user name.". An user name password box will prompt and if i give my user name and password the same error will show once again. If i use some others user name and password i can able to access the share folders. this is happening not only to my account who ever logged into that particular machine will get the same error. Can you please help me??

Thanks and Regards
Jeevan

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Re: Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logg

This one might help:
*openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2004-11/msg00353.html

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Re: Logon unsuccessful: The user name you typed is the same as the user name you logg

Hi,
When ever i try to access any shared resources after loging in to domain with my account
Thanks and Regards
Jeevan
From where you are acessing shared resources , from main server, file server or from a local computer, r u admin in domain ?

OP
J

jayanbhm

Broken In

Hi,
Thanks for the comments.
The machine is properly joined to domain. I have disjoined and joined twice. Who every logged into the machine with their on ID will get the same error when they try to access any shared folders even from the file server or any other same network machines.
Please suggest some thing other than formatting the machine
Thanks and Regards
Jeevan

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking

When attempting to logon using the Terminal Services client, you may receive the following error message: "Logon Message: You do not have access to logon to this session".

By default, TS connection security setting allows only administrators to log on. To set custom TS connection permissions, go to Terminal Services Configuration>Connections folder. Right-click the connection (RDP-TCP)>Properties>Permissions, add the users or/and groups that needs access to this connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom