Logitech X530 5.1???Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I recomented the speaker Logitech X530 5.1 for my friend and taking my words he bought it today. But he is saying he is utterly dissapointed with its perfomance. It costs 5600/ here in Kerala, Kottayam. I thought it would be way better then Creative inspire 5200 as X530 has an overall power of 71 watts rms that is around 15 watts greater than creative and its advertisement is very attractive and it has cool looks too.

I think it might be due to the low quality of onboard sound chip (ASUS A8N VM mobo with Soundmax %.1 audio). Anybody got any idea. Do u think buying an additonal creative 51./7.1 24bit live s card would do justice to the speakers as it costs another 1700-1800.?????

PLZ reply immediately

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The satellite speakers are somewhat OK and sounds better than the Creative but the woofer fails to impress.
But see the company web site:
*www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/IN/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9067

Here it given 25 watts woofer. But it lacks the punch and sounds worst tah creative 5200 woofer with 17 watts. But the creative was played on Intel High Def audio system.

So is it wiser to go for a sound card?

suave_guy

pedal to metal
did u saw the performance of the speakers yourself??

ideally logitech is known for making subwoofers with deep bass(thats one of the reason logitech speakers are successful)

i've read several reviews on this speaker set and they all recommended this set and it sounds odd that its not performing better than creative 5200...

i wud recommend to check the settings of the soundcard, maybe he's using the equalizer and has set the low frequency(bass) to very low level or maybe he has turned down the volume level of bass from the speakers

you can also try to run these speakers on any other computer...

one cannot rule out the possibility of speakers being faulty...so make sure how they perform on any other computer...also try to watch dvds in 5.1 mode and check how's the performance

ENjoy...

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yes today we took it to my home and I checked it myself. I personally own a 5200 but I think 5200 outperforms X530!!!4200 bucks outperforms 5600 bucks???
The X530 lacks punch. Just a huge vibration can be heard and it could shake the windows but we can't even recognize each punches seperately in music if volume level is near medium.
I think all branded speakers are under powered but its in the quality(build quality) and warranty support hat it rulzzzz. Local brands like PERX could be lot better in perfomance. We visited another shop and saw a huge 5.1 from PERX with vertical stand like sattelites and a huge sub. It costs around 6500 but its worth it after seeing its thunderous power. We could feel each punch in the music within our lungs.
Ive decided never to go for branded speakers.

royal

Padawan
Thats really strange :confused:

Almost all the reviews I read said this speaker was good value for money and ideal for gaming and DVD movies (performance in music tests were ok)

Atleast it should have been better than Creative 5200 :shock:

suave_guy

pedal to metal
aravind its not like that....u cant just move away from branded speakers coz of this reason alone, dont forget that ur creative set is working fine which is also branded...
i agree that there are some locally assembled powerful speakers available and no doubt that they will perform but the prob with almost 90% of these unbranded speakers is that they will perform well for first few months and after that they will just die out or will have other strange probs which will eventuall affect the sound quality....

so think again...

ENjoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom