Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Chinese ones :)

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklight

Journeyman
I'm in the market on the lookout for buying a gamepad, and i'm told the Logitech's Rumble pad 2 is a good one.Wireless with force feedback. What i want to know is whether is it worth its price ? Are there any lags since its wireless. Any suggestions are welcome.
I'm into games - mostly FPS and racing kind .NFS series .But till now all my gaming has been on keyboard and mouse.All suggestions /reviews welcome :)

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
FPS with a gamepad...bad idea...Keyboard+mouse combo works best.

get a chinese cheapo ones.They are almost as good as the branded ones but at 1\4th cost.

shantanu

Technomancer
Logitech rumblepad 2 the wireless ones are great, but a problem is that the vibraion alert is too delayed (after effect) .... and its priced at 2k i suppose...

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, RumblePad 2 is worth it!

@blacklight

hey .. nice to see this thread, actually I was out to buy the same some time back. I Think Rumble2 with Wire is better, .. no its not like wireless is bad .. its good at its work, you can go ahead n buy it if u like wireless. Rumble2 is one the best Gampad around. i like the wires wala bcoz its slightly lightweight bcoz no batteries & 2ndly, no need to recharge. I already have MS wireless Desktop Elite... So its just a personal thought.. If u want a wireless go ahead but it. Rumble2 is just good if you are extensive gamer.
I like the new one .. Chill-Stream also.. nice looking gamepad. but i think it doesnt have vibration feedback.
Logitech ChillStream Gamepad for PC

I went to NehruPlace (Delhi) .. and most of the people didnt know about it. only logitech dealrs had the idea about it. In market I could find the Dual Action (Rs.1050) & Rumble 2 wasnt there. they said .. Rumble2 aata hai but only wireless in india. available at order at logitech. so .. You will get only the Wirelesss one in india.
Go Ahead and buy the Rumble 2 Pad. enjoy :D

Logitech India Page --> *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/&cl=in,en

Cordless Rumblepad™ 2 --> *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/287&cl=in,en

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
@mobilegeek , thanx for your opinion . I was in the market looking for a local brand , when i happend to chance upon it.liked it the instant i picked it up .i liked its build quality and it's good to hold on to.but i wasn't really sure its worth its price .
So how is it playing the FPS games with your gamepad ? You think its easier than the keyboard,mice combo.I wanted opinions from gamers like you so that i can make up my mind .
i live in bangalore , getting the wireless version is not that tough i guess, it retails for arnd 1.8 k + vat

shantanu

Technomancer
its as simple as playing a PS2 Game.. nothing different from those controllers.. but as you get to play you will have to practice on them or else it would not suit you.. :p , i usually use kB/ Mouse as i dont have time to practice :)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
See dude .. once you get used to it .. you like it. in keyboard u have you many leys scattered.. and gamepad is designed just to play games .. so get the feel to play the game not worrying about the keys. so gamepad is anyday better .. as shantanu once you get hang of it and used to it.

as for playing the FPS Games .. its also easier ..you just have to customise the the the 8 to 12 custom keys acording to your pref. then start playing.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I just saw the Logitech site .. *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/&cl=in,en

they are showing now the Rumble 2 Vib Feedback for PC (wire) ;)

.. anyone plz confirm is it available in market .. whats the price..

and Does Microsoft Xbox Controller for PC has Vib Feedback or not??
and .. what its current price?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I ise Zebronics rubble analog gamepads which was for 500/-. I dun like to play on it, was curious on trying it for POP.
MS K/B + MX 518 + QuickSteel mini is best for me.

Bloodhawk

Right off the assembly line
I ise Zebronics rubble analog gamepads which was for 500/-. I dun like to play on it, was curious on trying it for POP.
MS K/B + MX 518 + QuickSteel mini is best for me.

So u dont recommend Zebronics rubble gamepad...? i was thinking to go for it, if i find the logitech wireless rumblepad2 costly...:confused:

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
hi blacklight, even i'm looking for the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2. Where did u buy it from...? S.P. road...? can u gimme the address pls...?

Hi,i got it at Golcha Computers - SP Road .Its on the right side .you can't miss it .
i too was looking for a cheaper alternative...but found the zebronics ones made of cheap plastic .the shopkeeper then suggested the logitech one.these were more comfortable to hold on..try out one and you will know the difference.

i too was using a k/b + mouse combo , but found it difficult to use all the combos on POP which was more of a PS2 kind of game.
the force feedback is also pretty good. - Although its not present for PoP.
but u do get it while playing NFS Carbon and Quake-u can literally feel the bullets while u r getting fragged [:)]

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
one tip dude...first buy one of the el cheapo chinese ones which u should get for about 200 buks. use it for a while..if u get the hang of gaming with a gamepad, then u can get the rumblepad. i bought a chinese one, but just couldn't get used to using a gamepad...thank god i didn't buy a higher end one coz i used my gamepad for just about a month.....as for the force feedback, it feels pretty cool at the beginning after which u'll probably switch it off or stop noticing it altogether

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The Zebronics one is gud for the price. Its not cheap plastic, as its sturdy enuf. But it looks some kinda..bling bling coz of its transparent full blue design, but the rubber grip improves its looks nd also the feel.
The rumble is ok, nd the analog sticks works like charm.
And i already said, i dun like much to play on gamepads nd like fps more.

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
Yes, it does take a bit of practice to get used to the gamepad.its more useful for playing racing and POP style games ...playing FPS with it is a bit tough..coz i found aiming using the analog sticks a bit tough...
but for POP styled games,once u 've played on a gamepad ,u'll never want to go back to kb and mouse .

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Ok i see lot of people in favor of zebronics! Post some pic also and the price too, possibly any dealer from Delhi!

I personally suggest an X-260 controller, great option which sports almost all latest games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom