Logical disk manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippi

Broken In
hi
In the device manager under system device my computer is showing an exclamation mark before Logical disk manager and in its properties it is showing this

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

becoz of this i cannot use disk manager in administrative tools
it says
"unable to connect to logical disk manager service"
"dependency service or group failed to start"

is it a problem?.....if yes then how do i solve this problem
PLZ HELP

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
The Logical Disk Manager Service in your pc has been disabled.
Type services.msc in Run
In the dialog box, select Logical Disk Manager & ensure it is set as Manual. If not,
right click it and click on properties and change Startup Type to Manual.

Similarly, see to it that Logical Disk Manager Administrative service, just below to it is set to manual as well. This service depends upon the previous one to function.

OP
H

hippi

Broken In
i tried it but it says
"logical disk manager service is started and then stopped ,some service stops if they dont have any work to do"
so exclamation mark stays on....
and i cant use disk manager...
plz help

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I got the error:

This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey. Try these options:

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.
Click Uninstall, and then click Scan for hardware changes to load a usable driver.
Restart the computer in Safe Mode, and then select Last Known Good Configuration.

This rolls back to the most recent successful registry configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom