logging in a LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi Freinds
In our office LAN, in an xp machine thru admin account I was changing the name
of the c I selected the office domain and clcked ok.

It asked "the computer name changed restart to take the effect". After I restarted
Iam not able to log onto either the pc or the domain it kees on saying the user data supplied
is not correct. But I had supplied the user name and password correctly.

Where as Iam able to log onto the pc only through a "guest" user account which I created.

Please help?

champ_rock

champ_rock
were u changin the computer name or user name?

i think u have changed the user name of ur pc.. try to use the new name with the same old passwrd....

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
champ_rock said:
were u changin the computer name or user name?

i think u have changed the user name of ur pc.. try to use the new name with the same old passwrd....

Hi champ_rock

I was changing the computer name!

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi friends ok my problem is solved.

Actually I changed the name from administrator to admin but I was not able to log in as admin today I tried with administrator and I could log into LAN.

Two more questions!!

1. In a xp machine in accessories>communications>rmote desktop is there is it meant for logging from any machine to server or can it be used for machine to machine?

2. After defining the domain in a LAN the log in screens and in control panel user accounts screen changed, Is it possible to get back the old look, like for logging in all the names and their pictures used be shown on the screen.

champ_rock

champ_rock
for the first question: remote desktop is used to see others desktop (exactly as it is) on ur comp and then operating it from ur comp...... it can be used if u know the pass of other comp....

2. dont know how to do it

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
thanks champ_rock.

Please elaborate on remote desktop -- as we r able to see the desktop of the server only and not any other pc in the LAN. Is it possible to see any pc's desktop in a LAN.

Last edited:
OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
thanks champ_rock.

u r right, however I was not able to remote log in using a normal user account of another computer in the LAN why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom