lock C: partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbies

Broken In
well i have hard drive which i have partition into 2..so i wants to lock or put password @ on of my partition which is C: is there any application for it or ways lock it?

nikhil ramteke

s,b+..u cn..
Gving password to the drive is not known,but u can do the same thing using the following trick....

go to run,type regedit,and follow the following path

-hkey_current_user
-software
-microsoft
-windows
-current version
-policies
-explorer(double click)

then on right side panal,right cilck,then from new choose DWORD value,rename it as NoDrives,double click it,choose decimal value,and put the values for respecitve drive.(A=0,B=2,C=4,D=8,E=16,F=32............),now restart the computer,ur drive will b hidden,but if u will specify the path in the address bar then it will b visible to the user,now the thing is that u have to set this as invisible to the user,then follow the same path,again choose DWORD value,now rename it as NoViewOnDrive and again specify the value for it with decimal as a base,now again restart the computer,now even if u will b providing the path,ur administrarive setting will not allow to view the contains of the file,

if u wants to access the information from the drive then set the value data to b 0,and enjoy the security...........:cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
nikhil ramteke said:
ok sir,then can we give password to the another drives in which our system is not there?
Yes, u can use third part s/w to lock these drives. Use these
Easy Drive Lock (rar)
WinGuard Pro 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom