local server required

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Some years back I heard a term (local server)in a web development organization where they had some software install on the comp & it use to prase the php & css for them to test the code.

I wonder what software was it............can someone tell me about few choices freeware or demo trials.

I need to edit the php code for my new site & want it to host the site on my local computer, so my computer acts as a host & a client.

I am on win xp pro sp1.

Iconoclast

Right off the assembly line
ranjan2001 said:
Some years back I heard a term (local server)in a web development organization where they had some software install on the comp & it use to prase the php & css for them to test the code.

I wonder what software was it............can someone tell me about few choices freeware or demo trials.

I need to edit the php code for my new site & want it to host the site on my local computer, so my computer acts as a host & a client.
I am on win xp pro sp1.

Since you are on Win XP, you can use the IIS server installed on your machine(or u can install it from your Win XP installer disk) .. another option is to download and install Apache Webserver from here , but before downloading and installing please read this.

There are lotsoff Webservers available as of today, but i prefer the widely used webservers mentioned above.

Have a nice time,

Regards,
:)

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the correct answer, I was googling local server & not getting the right answer.
The correct term is webserver.

Found IIS on my XP disk & downloading the php to be installed.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom