Little Prblms, Notification Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi

I face a little absurd problem. I have a lot of icons in notification area of taskbar in Win XP Pro on my laptop like various network icons,battery,bluetooth etc etc. I right click the taskbar and there in properties i go to customize in Notification area tab and Make most of the items 'always hide' except a few and some to 'always show' n 'hide when inactive'.

But after a few times i restart i find that all of them change to 'hide when inactive' and again i find the notification area and taskbar totally cluttered and have to go through the headache of again setting up those numerous icons.

Why is it happening and how can i fix it ?

Also, language bar keeps appearing in taskbar quite often. I had disabled it permanently earlier but have forgot how i did it. Some help needed here too :)

Thanks

anandk

Distinguished Member
unlock taskbar.
remove from startups those progs u dont require.
other icon ; do have a setting in their individual progs ;dont show in system tray etc. use this where posbl.
uncheck hide when inactive.

rtclick on taskbar>toolbar>uncheck/disable ur language bar. is this option there ???
else then :
Start-Control Panel, double-click Regional and Language Options. On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details. Under Preferences, click Language Bar. Deselect the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.

and then LOCK ur taskbar.
actually shud help ! hope this is what u were looking for...

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hey that way the language bar is fixed now bt as for the notification area, i have almost 6 network icons in there. Though i have disabled them being displayed in notification area, they still show up.
Finally i disabled icons in notification area by TweakXP and then all of them disappeared, not even showing the normal requied ones, so it doesnt seems to be working for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom