liteon or LG

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
How much threads like this one...
Anyway i am copy pasting what i wrote elsewhere...

CD burner = rs. 1300
DVD rom = rs. 1500
Total = rs. 2800

Combo =rs. 2500 or so.
So u have two extra drives for rs. 300 more. Also the lens wont last long...

DVD rom = liteon
CD burner = liteon / pioneer

goobimama

 Macboy
In my opinion, Liteon sucks. I had a liteon DVD ROM, CD ROM and also a DVD Combo drive, all three failed and the service is so bad, its better to buy new stuff.....the lens, its weak.

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Bingo....
Lite-on is rocking.
I have Lite-On for past some months and no probs with heavy wrinting though. Just search in the forum and u will find all thumbs up for Lite-On techsavvy.

Its DIGIT FORUM bcoz of which I bought Lite-On and it rocks. The COMBO drive is ultimate.

LG is clean stuff. The Writer is rocking. No idea abt the Combo. But Go in for Lite-On.

But not bad if u go in for 2 seperate drives. Now that the costs have come down u cud just goin 4 it. And yes u get better and longer service. But still u know which brand to turn to...

AlienTech

In the zone
Liteon DVD drives are shiite. So is samsung DVD writters. But they are closing out on the old 8X liteon dvd writers and you can get them for rs 3000 or so. I liked my liteon CD writer. But got an LG cd writer now that does a cd in 2mins 12 seconds. So instead of a combo I would pay the extra 500/1000 and get the 8x dvd writer. (You can most likely use it as a 2X dvd writer as well as a 40X cd writer). It takes 3 mins to do a cd instead of the 2 mins. LG DVD writers are light years ahead of liteon's.

G

gxsaurav

the Liteon DVD Drives comes without any region protection, also copying files from it is faster, so If U are a first time buyer get a Sas=msung CD Writter & Lite-On DVD Rom

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: liteon

abracadabra said:
best liteon on the international market if price does not matter you in any manner
hey stop using those BIG BIG letters !!!

Oh yes and dont buy any opticle drive from LG or Samsung they SUCK !!!
And liteon one is a cool choice.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
i would recommend LG for the cd-writer. I am using my lg writer for the past 3 years and man i haven't face a single problem. Not a single disk burned, not a single failed burning session

for dvd-rom's you can go in for sony or lg. I have heard from some of my friends that liteon makes a lotta noise...

@gx- you can always use software for off-setting the dvd zones.. which is perfectly legal. One such software is dvd region free

drgrudge

mail2and said:
i would recommend LG for the cd-writer. I am using my lg writer for the past 3 years and man i haven't face a single problem. Not a single disk burned, not a single failed burning session
Hmm..., well in that case , my Samsung DVD rom and CD rom works well for me. I have been having them for 10 months and 6 years respectively..., it may work well for some but we will have to see the majority... :twisted:

mail2and said:
@gx- you can always use software for off-setting the dvd zones.. which is perfectly legal. One such software is dvd region free
Hmm.., that is a shareware program and that is not free .
Making ur DVD rom a region free one maybe be legal but a shareware ???? I mean not using them but we all know wht ppl do... :wink:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
the name is 'dvd region free' .. am not saying its free :p

and most of the ppl with a lg writer have hasd positive reviews about it....

drgrudge

mail2and said:
the name is 'dvd region free' .. am not saying its free :p
I knew it before, i have suggested the same shareware program to a guy at QNA section too.

Between, i play region 2 DVD's (which i borrow from the british council library) and not even once it has asked for DVD region changing thing and i have played them for more than 5 times.

mail2and said:
and most of the ppl with a lg writer have hasd positive reviews about it....
Hmm.., it may be good at burning CD's but is it good at reading DVD's or CD's? I dont think so.., there has been a lot of negative reviews on it. :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
I knew it before, i have suggested the same shareware program to a guy at QNA section too.

Between, i play region 2 DVD's (which i borrow from the british council library) and not even once it has asked for DVD region changing thing and i have played them for more than 5 times.

Well, most Region 2 discs I know are also Region 5 discs, which can be seen in the Region information on the back of the case. So, if you've set your Region to Region 5 and use one of these discs, PowerDVD will automatically make the necessary switch without having to change the region setting of the drive. But when you insert a Region 1/3/4 disc, then PowerDVD/WinDVD will automatically prompt you to change the region setting for the drive. Have you tried playing other region discs, say the Region 3 movies that Excel sells here or any Region 1 imported DVDs? Just wondering!

drgrudge

enoonmai said:
Well, most Region 2 discs I know are also Region 5 discs, which can be seen in the Region information on the back of the case.
Hmmm..., yes i know and it's region 2 only not region 5, cross checked again.

enoonmai said:
So, if you've set your Region to Region 5 and use one of these discs, PowerDVD will automatically make the necessary switch without having to change the region setting of the drive.
As i have said not even once i have changed my region settings nor powerDVD has asked for the same.

enoonmai said:
But when you insert a Region 1/3/4 disc, then PowerDVD/WinDVD will automatically prompt you to change the region setting for the drive. Have you tried playing other region discs, say the Region 3 movies that Excel sells here or any Region 1 imported DVDs?
Hmm..., i have US region DVD (region 1) and even it has never asked for the region change and i have played that more than 5 times :twisted:

And my DVD-rom is a samsung one :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, man, your DVD is one in a million. :D If you're ever selling it off, let me know. I paid $40 for DVD Region Free. :lol: Hey, wait a minute, I just found out something. If you select the "Play DVD via PowerDVD" option in the DVD Autorun popup from Windows XP, I dont have to load DVDRF and it plays it without changing the region. Yet, launching the PowerDVD application via the Start Menu inevitably means I have to start DVDRF before I start PowerDVD or face a "Select your DVD Drive Region" message. You think this could have anything to do with it? How do you launch your DVDs. I dont suppose you have DVDRF running, do you? Just kidding! :D

drgrudge

enoonami said:
How do you launch your DVDs.
I have disabled the autorun feature..., so if i put a DVD, then it dont start on it's own, unless i make it run manually.

EVen when i play my DVD with media player , even then it wont ask for the region change. But i usually play DVD's with powerDVD.

enoonami said:
I dont suppose you have DVDRF running, do you?
No.Why should i run it if i can play any region DVD?

enoonami said:
LOL, man, your DVD is one in a million. If you're ever selling it off, let me know.
i thought u dint like Samsung's ROM drives. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom