Linux??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzu

AJJU
my exams gonna complete in 1 month and iam interested in installing linuxxxx
on my sys so here's my confg

2.4 ghz p4 ,512 ram, Intel mb , 80 gb , cd writer (will get the DVD-rw sooooon)
airtel dailup internet through mobile (bluetooth) so cant download much

should we install any drivers for video and etc... in Linux like we do in XP. i cant get this drivers coz i dont have good intrnt conn.
will be very glad if any member can send me any cds of Linux iam somewhat near to Hyderabad (iam in NALGONDA)

plz help me out for this and iam very good at xp and quit well at hardware (iam 15) plzzz respond

freebird

Debian Rocks!
you can install gnu/linux nowadays its very easy.btw you should've posted in open source section
*whylinuxisbetter.net

A

anarchist

no drivers for any hardware but mp3 and vcd playing would require downloading.

linux mint would require leat downloading. it has mp3, vdc all things in one cd

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
some moderator move this thread to open source and doesnt linux need any printer drivers too?

There is no need to ask other members for the cds .Just visit here ,register urself and get ur free cds of ubuntu 6.06 in 3-4 weeks.U r fifteen and i am of 14:D (Just for knowledge)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Most modern distros ll detect ur hardware automatically...
try mandriva 2007 / open suse 10.2 / fedora core 6..

OP
azzu

azzu

AJJU
thx all

and "PATHIKS" according to me my sys which distro can be good for me and remm i dont hav good intrnt conn

sid iam very far frm u in nalgonda near hyd any HYDERABADIS hear

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
All major distros will automatically detect your hardware and install the requisite drivers.
Try Ubuntu 6.06 .. It detects most hardware configurations.. And its a good first time distro.

Don't bother abt the apps and a/v codec.. These distros pack all the apps you'd possibly need and more..

NOTE:: If you're primary need is learning, go for a live CD. Try Dyne:bolic in case multimedia is what you're looking for. Its hardware detection is great.
Also, knoppix, slax and DSL can be used too. In most(or rather all) of them, your can store the configuration file on the hdd, so you don't need to go about configuring them at each boot.

Ubuntu 6.06 even offers a Live CD option... handy in case you want to verify whether your configuration will work fine with it or not.

cheers.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
thread moved.
Give a PM to Riyaz he might be able to help with getting some distro.
I don't think hardware will be really any problem. And for configuring your dial up connection, one person has successfully done so, so there's hope.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
^^ Of course mehul. You guessed it right.

Once you've decided with your distro, PM me. I'll be happy to help you in getting that one.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Wel azzu, i'm too on airtel mobile office and use bluetooth to connect my phone to connect to the internet. Its faster than conventional dial-up. I get about 13 kBps from it. So downloading drivers and apps for your distro ain't a problem at all. Rather setting up the dial-up connection is.
Try ubuntu 6.10 live cd.
Cheers.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
@Kausatv Geek,
If u r accessing internet via bluetooth then plz help pathiks over here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49242
He is having problemwith bluetooth connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom