How many of you are facing this problem?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
Hello,
The problem is that when my friends are instaling any linux distributions, after instalation they are unable to find any sound. They are using intel 915 chipset motherboard. :? They are asking me the solution coz i am reading Digit regularly :D . But i am unable to solve :!: . Please anyone help me.

eddie

El mooooo
915 uses Intel High Definition Audio. To use this soundcard you need to install ALSA >= 1.0.10 and then pass extra options to the module snd-hda-intel, depending on the type of sound card you have. The in-kernel ALSA drivers will NOT work. The various options available for this module are
Code:
	  Model name	Description
	  ----------    -----------
	ALC880
	  3stack	           3-jack in back and a headphone out
	  3stack-digout	3-jack in back, a HP out and a SPDIF out
	  5stack	           5-jack in back, 2-jack in front
	  5stack-digout	5-jack in back, 2-jack in front, a SPDIF out
	  6stack	           6-jack in back, 2-jack in front
	  6stack-digout	6-jack with a SPDIF out
	  w810		      3-jack
	  z71v	  	   3-jack (HP shared SPDIF)
	  asus		      3-jack
	  uniwill       	   3-jack
	  F1734		     2-jack
	  test		           for testing/debugging purpose
I am currently using the following option with Intel D915GLVG Motherboard
Code:
model=3stack position_fix=2
Oh and btw, you didn't need to create a poll for it.

praka123

left this forum longback
Alsa 1.0.7 onwards snd-azx (Azalia) and afterwards snd-hda supported.so u may need to update ur Alsa and have kernel-module-alsa made and installed.And if u have internet,you can update your kernel to >=2.6.12.So best of LUX.Also all these distros DRI/graphics drivers installed and supported for i915.. :)
@eddie:where do those options listed..i could not find any in my debian's /sur/share/doc/alsa* :)

eddie

El mooooo
prakash kerala said:
@eddie:where do those options listed..i could not find any in my debian's /sur/share/doc/alsa* :)
Its in official ALSA-Configuration guide.
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt

cryptid

Journeyman
well even i had this problem with ubuntu but the guys on ubuntu IRC helped me out of it i just had to change some settings and increase the volume...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom