How can I Install Windows+Linux On One hard Disk
I have 40 GB Single Hard Disk
what tools i need
Please give me answer of this Question
in simple N "SAFE" Mode.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
surely, no problems in it
i am in this setup for more than a year or so. i works like when u install two windows.linux will take up one partion and a partion must be atlest 6-10gb.

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
u need to partition the HDD 1st.. ur best option is, use a windows installer boot disk.. boot ur PC.. create partitions(min2) for eg: 1 partition for windows approx 20GB, n leave the remaining.. format it, install windows..
u now hav another 20GB RAW space.. now insert the linux boot disk.. start installation.. at a point it will ask u wer to install.. 1)delete all partitions, 2)delete only linux partitions, 3)do not delete partitions, use free space..

u select the 3rd option..(the options may vary with the kind of linux distro)
n continue wid installation, at a point it will ask u "default boot" depending on which OS u want my default select (i.e. windows or linux).. sometimes linux may refer windows as "other".. n now finish the installation.. tht shud be it..

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Try this:
-Get BootIt NG from Here
-Create a boot Diskette by using the tool
-Boot your PC using it, when asked to install, click NO
-You will now get a desktop with some icons. Click on "partitions".
-In the list, you will see your windows partition. Select it and click on resize. (Note: Defragment your hard drive before you proceed to prevent loss of data)
-Enter the final size of your partition before clicking OK
-When your partition has been resized, you will be left with some free space. Click it and Format it to some File System.
-Reboot and Boot from your Linux distro and follow the instructions.

Keep that posts cmming in case of any problems.

S

sariq

on my 40 GB hard disk i have installed winxp + linux with 3 partitions
1. 10GB winXP
2. 10GB ubuntu
3. 20GB data
for this make 2 partitions during xp setup with one 10GB and other 30 GB. after installing XP, boot PC from linux CD. in partion stage select "resize hda* and use free space". for partiotion manager give value : 20GB to be free, it will make 2 partions and install linux on 10GB partition.

Third Eye

gooby pls
Orionz said:
Hi Guys,,

I heared that we can install linux+windows on One hard disk
How can I Install Windows+Linux On One hard Disk
I have 40 GB Single Hard Disk
what tools i need
Please give me answer of this Question
in simple N "SAFE" Mode.

Yeah it is possible to install linux + windows but first tell me which linux you want to install ?

spynic

Case Mod - 60% ||||||----
im currently runnin' FC6..+win XP
got a 80gig HDD=>40-windows, 40-linx..

u shud use a min of 10GB for linux..

Sykora

I see right through you.
You can't install Windows and Linux on the same partition, because they don't use the same partition types. First install Windows, then linux, then you'll be able to access both with some minor adjustments to your grub.conf. But before that, you have to decide which distro you're going to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom