Linux users.....plz help.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evewin89

In the zone
Plz suggest some ideas so that I can develop some interest in linux os. Whenever I install linux on my pc,after using it for 2-4 days I always remove it coz I don’t know how to configure it. Eg. I don’t kno how 2 play a mp3 in linux, I don’t kno how 2 access ntfs partitions in linux.,etc. so plz suggest some tips or some good books so that I can learn linux.:rolleyes:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Which distro did you try? Also, the first think you must do is to connect to the internet. Then it becomes very easy!

Also, a sincere suggestion, if you really don't have interest in Linux, then don't bother to play with it. Don't install it for the heck of it. You will repent then.

Also, just as with Windows, you will need to explore for some time its menus, fodlers, etc.

Rahim

Married!
Follow the FAQs in the OSS Section and Rohan ,what he needs is a easy to use distro like Ubuntu and not your discouragement. Shifting to Linux is not a cake walk.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Rahim, what discouragement are you talking off. As you too agree that changing to Linux is not a cake walk, he must have some interest in Linux to go through the difficult part. The stick is not enough motivation for a long time, it has to be from within.

Rahim

Married!
Dont be a purist Rohan. We all need spoon-feeding when it comes to Linux. I remeber 2 years back when being fedup of not able to configure my Net and i too removed Linux quite a number of times.
Now its different with helpful communities and improvement in the desktop environment that it is so easy for anyone to try Linux.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Before uninstalling, always use the 'F1' help key! For every basic thing, it will save the hassle and frustration most of the times.

Rahim

Married!
9 out of 10 wont read anything :D We all need readymade material :D We are not MetalHeadGautham really :)

We both are hijacking this thread :giggle:

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
i kno linux is not a piece of cake bt i also kno 1 thing that "practise makes people successful" currently i hav "SUSE" in my pc installed along wit XP,i also hav other distros lik ubntu,fedora,etc. my net connection is vey slow (airtel GPRS) so i can't download big files for linux.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i kno linux is not a piece of cake bt i also kno 1 thing that "practise makes people successful" currently i hav "SUSU" in my pc installed along wit XP,i also hav other distros lik ubntu,fedora,etc. my net connection is vey slow (airtel GPRS) so i can't download big files for linux.

you have "susu" in your PC and still no short circuit?? What brand dude :)

OP
evewin89

evewin89

In the zone
i agree bt wat can i do, can't take bsnl BB connection coz here in my town Bsnl service is "SUPERB"...

Rahim

Married!
And if you cant download large files then install Mint which comes preloaded with non-oss stuff like codecs,java,flash and it is based on Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom