Linux + USB Adsl Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Hi,
I am having a tough time connecting to internet via USB/ADSL internet. I want to connect the knoppix and fedora box via USB to internet.

Thanx in advance!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, I have been trying to tackle the same problem for the past months with no results... USB modems jus lack the support it shud have... better get a NIC and do the work hassle-free... btw, whats the modem name/model? that might help for an answer perhaps...

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
well I have d-link 5200 modem that mtnl provides.It has one slot for ethernet and one for USB and I have NIC but i want the *nix department to work with both ethernet and usb like windows so that i can connect 2 pcs at the same time both on *nix!

eddie

El mooooo
Get another NIC. One for your modem and another one for the network. They are too cheap these days. If you want support for USB modems then annoy the hardware manufacturers. Ask them to either release source of their drivers or to release drivers for *nix.

OP
mediator

mediator

Technomancer
Na I dont wanna buy anything...I just wanna sort out the USB problem only...hmm drivers for ADSL/USB i will look into dat! neways keep posting!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Forget it then, real bad support for USB modems on Linux... it just doesnt detect it... get a NIC card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom