Would u rather be a Windows Robot/Cyborg or a Linux Robot/Cyborg

• Linux Robot/Cyborg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Welkome to the next level of Lin/Win Battle ;)

*robots.net/article/1424.html

The publishers of the WindowsForDevices and LinuxDevices websites publish an annual comparison of Linux vs Windows in products mentioned on their news sites. While both are still roughly tied, Linux has gained ground in all areas including PDAs and Mobile Phones. Perhaps the gain is due to the discovery of Windows viruses on mobile phones or the recent high profile failure of a Windows-based embedded air traffic control system due to a trivial timer bug? They also note that Linux is the number one choice in Asia now where embedded device manufacturers want to avoid vender lock-in and expensive per-unit Microsoft licenses. But the most interesting part is that, in the robotics category, they show ten Linux-based commercial robots and zero running Windows. So Free Software is apparently beating out closed, proprietary software hands down in this field. For comparison, see also last year's results.

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
If u were to become a bionic guy or a partly cyborg (dr.terror , hacker) , which would u prefer , being based on Windows or Linux ???????

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
@klinux, Its a known fact that the Linux kernel beats all other kernels in the micro and embedded devices fields. The Microsoft's Windows CE kernel for embedded devices was a pathetic faliure.

Its probably the technical reasons for which everyone would like to be Linux based cyborgs.

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Yup , i think i'll wish to become a linux cyborg . i wouldnt want to have Illegal operations and FAtal exceptions , Stop errors happening on me ;)

anyone heard of Tron or itron Operating system ?
*www.linuxinsider.com/story/31855.html
*web-japan.org/trends/science/sci030522.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom