Status
Not open for further replies.

shankar_ganesh

Journeyman
A Linux machine! because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste. -- Unknown

All of the important files that make Linux systems work are right out in the open. They are always ASCII text files, so you don't need special tools to read them. You can look at them any time you want, which is good, and you can mess them up and render your system totally dysfunctional, which is not so good. -- Neal Stephenson, science fiction writer

Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux. -- Unknown

Linux - a weapon of mass construction. -- A Bellevue Linux Users Group member, March, 2004

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste. -- Unknown

Linux: Choice of a GNU Generation! -- Unknown

Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches. -- Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft, June, 2001

Linux is much more than just another operating system. And it is more than just a great operating system. It represents a fusion of the superb craftsmanship of UNIX with a new, superior way of organizing creativity. -- A Bellevue Linux Users Group member, April 2004

Linux is not the wave of the future. It is the tsunami of the future. -- A Bellevue Linux Users Group member, February, 2004

Linux is obsolete. -- Andrew Tanenbaum, creator of the MINIX operating system, 1992

Linux itself is a clone of an operating system that is 20-plus years old. That's what it is. That is what you can get today, a clone of a 20-year-old system. I'm not saying that it doesn't have some place for some customers, but that is not an innovative proposition. -- Steve Ballmer, April, 2003

Linux - the UNIX defragmentation tool. -- Unknown

Linux was made by foreign terrorists to steal money from true AMERICAN companies like Microsoft who invented computing as we know it, and are being punished for their success... --Unknown

Microsoft isn't evil; they just make really crappy operating systems. -- Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

Never show the source. -- Craig Mundie, Senior VP at Microsoft, June, 2003 (explaining the secret to success in software)

Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect. -- Linus Torvalds, September 2003

There appear to be few if any technical reasons to move from UNIX to Windows NT. The performance of Linux exceeds that of NT 4.0 and Linux appears to be more reliable. -- David Korn, creator of the ksh shell, 1997

There's no roadmap for Linux. Nobody is held accountable for security problems with Linux. -- Steve Ballmer, October 2003

Thus, of course, Linus didn't sit down in a vacuum and suddenly type in the Linux source code. He had my book, was running MINIX, and undoubtedly knew the history (since it is in my book). But the code was his. The proof of this is that he messed the design up. -- Andrew Tanenbaum

Unix? What's that? Is that like Linux? -- Unknown

Open Quote of the Day:
Microsoft isn't evil; they just make really crappy operating systems. -- Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

"In a World without Walls who need Windows!" --Anonymous

"Life is too short for Reboots! Open your mind! Use Open Source! "—Anonymous

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hello parag kalra has himself started a same thread. Why you starting another again *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28456

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom