1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Linux problem!

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by prashu, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prashu

prashu New Member

I use a p4 on a Gigabyte 8IDML motherboard. I have a SIS 305 32 mb graphic card.
    I recently installed Fedora core 10 linux. It didn't identify my graphic card and the installation finished in text mode! Now, I am unable to start Gui in linux.
    Can anyone help me!
    Plz! :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. pradeep_chauhan

pradeep_chauhan New Member

edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf in core2 (core 1 will be X----.conf) go to the driver section select vesa save startx it will work.

3. klinux

klinux New Member

@pradeep . i have the drivers for fedora for an earlier version of the kernel . but pclinux04 has diff version kernel . anyway i can use the drivers meant for old kernel for new fedora ? i tried installing , but it failed . can i do anything if i get the source ? have s3 ingrated unirchome km400

4. pradeep_chauhan

pradeep_chauhan New Member

check the net i downloaded the drivers for my friend a few months agoyou get a tar file then to install it the same ./configure
    make
    make install
    what i suggested was a compromise settings that does not use the cards power etc.
    i think the driver you have must be a .rpm that is compiled for a specific kernel

5. rakee

rakee New Member

hmm..when was fedora core 10 released..i thought their latest release was fedora core test 3..lol

u better find a suitable driver for your graphic card and download.googleup and you can find a lot of solutions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.