Linux problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashu

Right off the assembly line
I use a p4 on a Gigabyte 8IDML motherboard. I have a SIS 305 32 mb graphic card.
I recently installed Fedora core 10 linux. It didn't identify my graphic card and the installation finished in text mode! Now, I am unable to start Gui in linux.
Can anyone help me!
Plz! :cry: :cry: :cry:

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@pradeep . i have the drivers for fedora for an earlier version of the kernel . but pclinux04 has diff version kernel . anyway i can use the drivers meant for old kernel for new fedora ? i tried installing , but it failed . can i do anything if i get the source ? have s3 ingrated unirchome km400

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
check the net i downloaded the drivers for my friend a few months agoyou get a tar file then to install it the same ./configure
make
make install
what i suggested was a compromise settings that does not use the cards power etc.
i think the driver you have must be a .rpm that is compiled for a specific kernel

rakee

Journeyman
hmm..when was fedora core 10 released..i thought their latest release was fedora core test 3..lol

u better find a suitable driver for your graphic card and download.googleup and you can find a lot of solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom