Linux mania

Status
Not open for further replies.
i v got a LinspireLive linux distribution ang whenever i try to boot the OS,The system does not boot meaning what i can see is a BLANK SCREEN.
H/W cofiguration is as follows
processor-Intel Celeron
Memory(RAM)-128MB
40GB HD

What is the solution for this problem?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Your system configuration is fine for running linspire live.
DO you mean that you do not see any activities being performed after it boots from the cd or does it fail to boot from the cd?
Did you burn the cd on your own? Maybe the cd is corrupted. Do check if it is working properly on another drive/computer.

mehulved

Even if so, then still Linsprire will boot up. And I don't really think minimum is 256MB . I got 256MB and KDE runs pretty smooth, more like 256MB is the recommended RAM.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Too less RAM even I had the same prob on a guyz pc with 128 mb ram and when I put in another 128 mb RAM it works... well fine

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Linspire is too slow...Check the od posts there was topic when digit gave Linspire on their dvd..

mehulved

Not only slow, its hardly as good as another live cd's. I had tried it out and find it too bad. But, since he wanted to try it out I didin't say much.

Satissh S

Youngling
FOA, i don't like their policy and their marketing, none of the products in their OS is made by them except lsongs (which is based on amaroK) and lphoto (which is based on f-spot) and they could have left mozilla to mozilla but they renamed it to linspire internet suite, it's like fooling FOSS people.

Their CNR thing is cra@** , for software which isn't theirs they want people to give money for just installing it. WTF, They think making money is just too easy to earn.. suckers, almost anyone with basic knowledge of linux can make their own LFS with some guidance and why these guys wanna charge heftily for sumthing that isn't theirs? I'll give the same to Xandros.. Just my 2 cents.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a problemtoo. When ever i run Linspire Live the windows and too big and jump out of my screen limit and its not even resizable. It always starts with the default resolution as 800x600 (maybe its even less) and when i try to change it asks me to restart the os.

What to do??

mehulved

Linspire are living upto their mission of making their distro as windows like as possible. Satish has quoted some of the examples. One more is that they are offering anti-virus solution at $29.99. Why would you want to buy an anti-virus so expensive for a linux distro that's above my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom