Linux installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipon

Right off the assembly line
I have recently installed SuSe distribution from a cd which I created from the iso file that you gave in the Digit CD. I have a 40GB harddisk with 3 partitions. Partition C is a fat32 where I had windows98 installed and partition D is ntfs partition with Windows XP installed. Partition E is a fat32. The Linux installation worked out fine, I accepted all the suggestions made by YaSt, including that of partitioning. After using the new OS for sometime, when I tried to boot into Windows I found Windows would not load. My system configuration is as follows: Mora motherboard with onboard intel i810 graphics chipset, realtek lan and AC'97 audio, Celeron 2.0 Ghz, 256MB DDR 133 Mhz RAM, 40 GB HD. What could the problem? SOS :cry: Please help as I want to run both Linux and windows on my computer. Moreover my new Linux OS would not allow me to change the screen resolution and refresh rate which is currently 1024X768@61Hz. The monitor flickers with this setting. My montor is LG Studioworks 500g.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
you have probably messed up with your boot loader. You must start YaST and configure your boot loader from there.

if you could post your config files then we can give you new modified ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom