LINUX DISTRUBUTIONS GIVEN BY DIGIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Other than the ELX & SuSE the other two distrubutions given on the digit dvd didnt even burn onto a cd (ie) FREE BSD & UBUNTU.Has it worked for any of u?

nixcraft

Journeyman
They should work if you burn an ISO on CD. Or you know how to install Linux/BSD from ISO which can be on CD or HDD.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
The problem with ubutu was I got the image using alcohol but when nero was reading it the comps gets hanged.Wheras in Free bsd`s case the 2nd ISo was to big to burn on a cd.(954 mb)

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Do I have to make it as a bootable or normal.In nero if I choose a bootable data disc option then it starts with something called caldera dos.

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Visit Ubuntukinux.org and go to the shipment section and register and give your address you can place a order for the number of packages(install cd & live cd) you want and they send it to u for free!!!!!!

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
vignesh said:
Do I have to make it as a bootable or normal.In nero if I choose a bootable data disc option then it starts with something called caldera dos.

Use Disc Image or Saved Project Option and point to the image location..do not burn it as data cd

Hitesh

OP
vignesh

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
how do i configure my modem in fedora core 3.I have a dax internal modem.how do i create a dialup connection in fedora

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
maybe not...

normally internal modems = win modems....

and win modems are not detected in linux...

especially fedora.....

just double check it... :wink:

coz... i too am a human!!!! :oops:

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The point about internal modems is that the drivers for them are not exactly free. I have a dlink 560++ internal modem which i wanted to configure in linux (FC3) the drivers is available at a site called convexent or some similar name the problem is that the free version of the driver limits the speed to 14.4K and to get the full version you have to PAY. This site has almost all the drivers for internal modems working in linux but the payment factor is the problem. So the best option is to go in for an external serial modem which requires no additional drivers in linux and gives you the full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom