Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i had installed ELX linux on my PC,everything was fine.But suddenly The system is refusing to boot,i get an error as
"error while checking file system"
what might be the problem,i don't have a bootable floppy? AND How do i create bootable floppy using command,what is the command to create bootable floppy?

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
You can visit *www.bootdisk.com/ for downloading and creating your boot disks for different OS's

Edit: See if you want to get back ur windows then boot with win98 cd and type this command

fdisk /mbr (space after fdisk) and this should get repair windows boot record and have ur windows back. Next boot with linux cd ( I havent come across ur version) and surely u will have options of repairing ur boot record ( as in mandrake and knoppix). I dont seem to recall that stupid command to repair boot record from linux boot cd :?

ujjwal

Padawan
If you have your ELX install cd around, it will most probably have some sort of rescue/text mode which you can use to fix your filesystem. You will have to use a tool called fsck, check this article.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
exactly.....rescue was the command u use to enter text mode..and wtf is that command to repair boot record :?

Thanks ujjwal.

Sajeev

Broken In
I had problems booting when grub loader messed up my pc
I deleted the linux partion and used my windows xp cd to boot
then i opted for rescue opration and selected my windows partion C
then on the command prompt i typed fix mbr (used help command for exact syntax) and Windows xp started

from that experience i refrained from using any boot loader
I got FEDORA CORE 3 which can be booted from floppy

I start my pc with linux floppy in the drive i have linux
I start my pc without floppy I have Win xp

Now i dont use linux because I have a win modem & its no fun without internet on any OS

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Always create a Boot disk in Linux for any future use.
This will be handy if you can't boot Linux or your Linux
MBR is being overwritten by Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom