Linux and Windows??

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
deadmanrulz said:
Can we have both Linux (for e.g suse or redhat) and windows together? will it appear in Os choices menu??? :?:
Of course......
Why not......
But make sure that you install Windows first and be ready to give some hard disk space (about 10 Gb) for linux which you will be unable to access via Windows. However, Linux can read FAT32 and some even have inbuilt support for Ntfs.................
Anyways, for linux, you have different section in the forum............

ravimevcha

Journeyman
yes Linux has its own Boot Loader "GRUB"

after installing Red Hat Linux GRUB will be your default boot loader and all OS are listed there...

T

Tux

ravimevcha said:
yes Linux has its own Boot Loader "GRUB"

after installing Red Hat Linux GRUB will be your default boot loader and all OS are listed there...

CAn u tell me how to uninstall LINUX and GRUB

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Tux said:
Of course.
If you use Windows XP then
Start|Run|compmgmt.msc
and under Disk Management, right click and delete the partition used by swapfile and Linux. Linux uninstallaion is now complete but the Grub will still remain. To uninstall it, boot with a bootable, goto the recovery console and type Fixboot and Fixmbr................

T

Tux

khattam_ said:
Tux said:
Of course.
Start|Run|compmgmt.msc
and under Disk Management, right click and delete the partition used by swapfile and Linux. Linux uninstallaion is now complete but the Grub will still remain. To uninstall it, boot with a bootable, goto the recovery console and type Fixboot and Fixmbr................

thanks

zerohourkill

Broken In
khattam_ said:
Tux said:
Of course.
Start|Run|compmgmt.msc

Oh, man if i would noe it earlier this year......I had to delete my whole partition table to get rid of Grub......cuz i wasnt able to boot in XP

tuxfan

Technomancer
One way to delete linux partitions is to use a Live distro like Knoppix and use an application like qtparted or fdisk or cfdisk.

Then all that you have to do is overwrite master boot record. The procedure is different for Win98 and WinXP. In Win98 it is a simple command like fdisk /mbr. The procedure is a little different with WinXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom