Linspire and Lindows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhiltheprince

Right off the assembly line
Hi I have Lindows 4.0 installed on my system and I also have Linspire

4.5.397 on CD I want both Linspire and Lindows to be installed on my

system as dual boot configuration
I also know that they are of both same make and build but differ only in names and build versions I want them to be installed on my system as dual boot configuration with Lindows 4.0 being the default OS
Let me know how do I configure the boot loader in Lindows 4.0 and Linspire 4.5 .Is there a way out I can make out this please quote to me at nikhiltheprince@hotmail.com

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
doubts clearing later... where did u get the damn thing? linspire is the best desktop linux there is for novices. Pls tell me where did u get linspire. If u bought it how much did it cost?

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
man, i just asked a question, dont get heated up dude. I'm new to linux and wanted lindows/linspire. Heard its much better than other flavours.
Anyway post ur question on www.linuxsolved.com forum. they'll definitely have an answer.
Or look out for ricky, he usually solves the linux problems in this forum.

OP
N

nikhiltheprince

No Sree Not that its Licensed ,but what to do even am an Linux hard core fan had been into it foe quiet 2 years now .Now even Lindows confuses me with its licensing policy actually Its something like Windows License for Linux.Ok Do you want to have it and if u can download that hectic one CD download then update here ur quotes so that I can personally send u link.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well i have a question: can linspire be used with windows fat32 partitions.... Like while installing cAN we use fat32 part. instead of the dumb swap et al

OP
N

nikhiltheprince

Well I have dun it last week, at last
Dual booted Linspire OEM with Linspire Developer Edition...
Yipppeeee
My mentor was surprised and impressed too.
Thats why I Love LinuX!! I Live LinuX!!
Thanks All,
For caring it.

BONZI

Journeyman
Well I dont have answer for your question nikhiltheprince. But I havent used linspire or lindows yet. But if it is same as the other linux distributions (lilo & grub works) then I assume that you use lilo then goto /etc/lilo then try to find out the place where the boot image is installed it should be something like

/disks/mylinuxdistribution/boot/vmlinuz

then add these line
image=/disks/mylinuxdistribution/boot/vmlinuz
label=mylinux (nospaces)
root=/dev/hdc9( the root of that distribution)

then take terminal and run lilo.
You should success. Then reboot you must see the new one.

BONZI

Journeyman
Ok if you are looking for a linux distribution for a n00b than try Xandros(open circulation edition) its good and free now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom